Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of the American Medical Directors Association
- Medication errors observed in 36 health care facilities.Arch Intern Med. 2002; 162: 1897
- Medication administration errors in assisted living: Scope, characteristics, and the importance of staff training.J Am Geriatr Soc. 2011; 59: 1060-1068
- Incidence and preventability of adverse drug events in nursing homes.Am J Med. 2000; 109: 87-94
- The health care cost of drug-related morbidity and mortality in nursing facilities.Arch Intern Med. 1997; 157: 2089
- Epidemiology of medication-related adverse events in nursing homes.Am J Geriatr Pharmacother. 2006; 4: 264-272
- Physician practice in the nursing home: Missing in action or misunderstood.J Am Geriatr Soc. 2005; 53: 1826-1828
- Turnover among nursing home staff: A review.Nurs Manag (Harrow). 1997; 28: 59
- The epidemiology of prescribing errors: The potential impact of computerized prescriber order entry.Arch Intern Med. 2004; 164: 785-792
- Medication prescribing errors in a teaching hospital.JAMA. 1990; 263: 2329-2334
- Medication errors in nursing homes: A state's experience implementing a reporting system.J Patient Saf. 2005; 1: 181
- Repeat medication errors in nursing homes: Contributing factors and their association with patient harm.Am J Geriatr Pharmacother. 2010; 8: 258-270
- Medication errors during patient transitions into nursing homes: Characteristics and association with patient harm.Am J Geriatr Pharmacother. 2011; 9: 413-422
- Patterns in nursing home medication errors: disproportionality analysis as a novel method to identify quality improvement opportunities.Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf. 2010; 19: 1087-1094
- Types of medication errors in North Carolina nursing homes: A target for quality improvement.Am J Geriatr Pharmacother. 2006; 4: 52-61
- Preventing medication errors in long term care: Results and evaluation of a large scale web-based error reporting system.Qual Saf Health Care. 2007; 16: 297
National Coordinating Council for Medication Error Reporting and Prevention (NCC MERP) index for categorizing medication errors. Available at: http://www.NCCMERP.org. Accessed March 25, 2011.
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. National Nursing Home Survey: Questionnaires, datasets, and related documentation from the National Nursing Home Survey. Available at: http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nnhs/nnhs_questionnaires.htm. Accessed January 2, 2012.
- Collecting medication data in the 2004 National Nursing Home Survey. National Center for Health Statistics.Vital Health Stat. 2009; 1: 47
- Transdermal patches: High risk for error.Drug Topics. 2002; 146: 54-55
- Drug name confusion: Evaluating the effectiveness of capital ("Tall Man") letters using eye movement data.Soc Sci Med. 2004; 59: 2597-2601
- Predictors of medication errors among elderly hospitalized patients.Am J Med Qual. 2008; 23: 115-127
- Types, prevalence, and potential clinical significance of medication administration errors in assisted living.J Am Geriatr Soc. 2008; 56: 1199-1205
- Care homes’ use of medicines study: prevalence, causes and potential harm of medication errors in care homes for older people.Qual Saf Health Care. 2009; 18: 341-346
- The quality case for information technology in healthcare.BMC Med Inform Decis Mak. 2002; 2: 7
The Medication Error Quality Initiative (MEQI) is funded by the North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services, Contract #00022236. No authors have financial or other conflicts of interest related to the content of this paper.