Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of the American Medical Directors Association
- Staff turnover and quality of care in nursing homes.Med Care. 2005; 43: 616-626
- Nursing staff shortages: Issues in Australian residential aged care.Aus J Adv Nursing. 2003; 21: 42-45
- Rationale of the urgent need of the long-term care institutions in Taiwan.Vet Nursing. 1999; 16: 80-87
- Nursing Facilities, Staffing, Residents, and Facility Deficiencies: 1994–2000. Department of Social and Behavioral Sciences, University of California, San Francisco, CA2001
- The effects of changes in nursing home staffing on pressure ulcer rates.J Am Med Dir Assoc. 2005; 6: 50-53
- Chronic benzodiazepine use in nursing homes: Effects of federal guidelines, resident mix and nurse staffing.J Am Geriatr Soc. 2001; 49: 1673-1678
- Substitution in nursing practice: Clinical, management and research implications.J Nurs Manag. 1997; 5: 333-339
- Nursing Staff in Hospitals and Nursing Homes: Is It Adequate? National Academy Press, Washington, DC1996
- Cost analysis of nursing home registered nurse staffing times.J Am Geriatr Soc. 2005; 53: 840-845
- Job satisfaction and stress among workers providing long-term care pharmacy services.Consultant Pharm. 2004; 19: 1029-1037
- Job-related stress experienced by hospital pharmacists and nurses.Am J Hosp Pharm. 1988; 45: 1342-1345
- Organizational assessment in intensive care units (ICUs): construct development, reliability, and validity of the ICU nurse-physician questionnaire.Med Care. 1991; 29: 709-726
- The Health Professions Stress Inventory: Factor structures for pharmacists.Percept Mot Skills. 1994; 79: 515-519
- Symptom correlates and factor structure of the Health Professions Stress Inventory.Psychol Rep. 1994; 75: 1563-1568
- Confirmatory factor analysis and job burnout correlates of the Health Professions Stress Inventory.Psychol Rep. 2002; 90: 243-250
- Perceived job satisfaction factors of nursing assistants employed in Midwest nursing homes.Geriatr Nurs. 1998; 19: 135-138
- Report to Congress: Appropriateness of minimum nurse staffing ratios in nursing homes. Abt Associates, Inc, Cambridge, MA2000 (Anonymous. Phase I report, Vols I–III)
- Translating clinical research into practice: A randomized controlled trial of exercise and incontinence care with nursing home residents.J Am Geriatr Soc. 2002; 50: 1476-1483
- Medicare and Medicaid programs; requirements for long-term care facilities; nursing services; posting of nurse staffing information.Fed Regist. 2005; 70: 62065-62073
- Job and organizational determinants of nursing home employee commitment, job satisfaction and intent to turnover.Ergonomics. 2005; 48: 1260-1281
- Views of job satisfaction and dissatisfaction in Australian long-term care.J Clin Nurs. 2003; 12: 168-176
- Accuracy of nursing home medical record information about care-process delivery: Implications for staff management and improvement.J Am Geriatr Soc. 2004; 52: 1378-1388
Hughes CM, Wright R, Lapane KL. Use of medication technicians in US nursing homes: part of the problem or part of the solution? J Am Med Dir Assoc. In press.
- Enhancing geriatric nursing scholarship: Specialization versus generalization.J Gerontol Nurs. 2000; 26: 28-35
- The impact of training and support on stress among care staff in nursing and residential homes for the elderly.J Mental Health. 1998; 7: 59-70
- Grenier A.C. Knebel E. Summit, CotHPE, IOM, Health Professions Education: A Bridge to Quality. National Academies Press, Washington, DC2003
- Technology for improving medication monitoring in nursing homes.in: Henriksen B.J. Marks E.S. Lewin D.I. Advances in Patient Safety: From Research to Implementation. Vol. 4. Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, Rockville, MD2005: 410-413 (Programs, Tools, and Products)
- Workplace stress in nursing: a literature review.J Adv Nurs. 2003; 44: 633-642
Center for Health Systems Research and Analysis (CHSRA). Facility Guide for the Nursing Home Quality Indicators. National Data Systems, 2005. Available at: www.cnls.hhs.gov/nursinghomequalityinits. Accessed July 8, 2006.
This study was supported in part by a Commonwealth Fund and a grant from the Retirement Research Foundation. C.M.H. is supported by a National Primary Care Career Scientist Award from the Research and Development Office of Northern Ireland. K.L.L. and C.M.H. contributed to the study concept, design, analysis, and preparation of the manuscript. The sponsor funded the study, but had no input into the design, methods, subject recruitment, data collection, analysis and preparation of the paper.