Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of the American Medical Directors Association
- The effect of moderate exercise on postprandial glucose homeostasis in NIDDM patients.Diabetologia. 1997; 40: 447-453
- Prior meal enhances the plasma glucose lowering effect of exercise in type 2 diabetes.Med Sci Sports Exerc. 2001; 33: 1259-1264
- Standards of Medical Care in Diabetes—2009.Diabetes Care. 2009; 32: S13-S61
- The effect of intense exercise on postprandial glucose homeostasis in type II diabetic patients.Diabetologia. 1999; 42: 1282-1292
- Postprandial light physical activity blunts the blood glucose increase.Prev Med. 2006; 42: 369-371
- Effects of post-absorptive and postprandial exercise on glucoregulation in metabolic syndrome.Obesity. 2007; 15: 704-711
- Insulin action on glucose transporters through molecular switches, tracks and tethers.Biochem J. 2008; 413: 201-215
- Contraction signaling to glucose transport in skeletal muscle.J Appl Physiol. 2005; 99: 330-337
- Impact of time interval from the last meal on glucose response to exercise in subjects with type 2 diabetes.J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2000; 85: 2860-2864
- Moderate exercise and post-prandial metabolism: Issues of dose-response.J Sports Sci. 2002; 20: 961-967
- Hormonal responses to maximal and submaximal exercise in trained and untrained men of various ages.J Gerontol. 1996; 51: B30-B37
- Effects of dietary composition and exercise timing on substrate utilization and sympathoadrenal function in healthy young women.Metabolism. 1999; 48: 1596-1602
- Exercise training increases insulin-stimulated glucose disposal and GLUT4 (SLC2A4) protein content in patients with type 2 diabetes.Diabetologia. 2006; 49: 2983-2992
- Postprandial hyperglycemia/hyperlipidemia (postprandial dysmetabolism) is a cardiovascular risk factor.Am J Cardiol. 2007; 100: 899-904
- Can exercise minimize postprandial oxidative stress in patients with type 2 diabetes?.Curr Diabetes Rev. 2008; 4: 309-319
This work was fully supported by a clinical research grant from the Lifescan, Inc., a Johnson & Johnson Company.