Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of the American Medical Directors Association
- Hospitalization of nursing home residents: A review of the literature, 1980–1995.Med Care Res Rev. 1996; 53: 123-148
- The costs and potential savings associated with nursing home hospitalizations.Health Aff. 2007; 26: 1753-1761
- Medicare expenditures for nursing home residents triaged to nursing home or hospital for acute infection.J Am Geriatr Soc. 2008; 56: 1206-1212
- Patient transfer from nursing home to emergency department: Outcomes and policy implications.Acad Emerg Med. 1997; 4: 908-915
- If at first you don't succeed: Efforts to improve collaboration between nursing homes and a health system.Topics in Advanced Nursing eJournal. 2004; (Available at: http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/487323.): 4
- Another type of iatrogenic problem.Geriatrics. 1978; 33 (92, 94, 99)
- Adverse events due to discontinuations in drug use and dose changes in patients transferred between acute and long-term care facilities.Arch Intern Med. 2004; 164: 545-550
- Challenges in transitional care between nursing homes and emergency departments.J Am Med Dir Assoc. 2006; 7: 499-505
- Chronic disease management: What will it take to improve care for chronic illness?.Eff Clin Pract. 1998; 1: 2-4
- Improving the quality of transitional care for persons with complex care needs.J Am Geriatr Soc. 2003; 51: 556-557
- Evaluating the quality of medical care.Milbank Mem Fund Q. 1966; 44: 166-206
- Comparison of continuing care communication.Image J Nurs Sch. 1998; 30: 255-260
- Organizational relationships between nursing homes and hospitals and quality of care during hospital-nursing home patient transfers.J Am Geriatr Soc. 2007; 55: 1078-1084
Medicare. Nursing Home Compare. Available at: www.medicare.gov/nhcompare. Accessed June 18, 2009.
- Certified nursing assistants' perceptions of nursing home patient safety culture: Is there a relationship to clinical outcomes?.J Am Med Dir Assoc. 2009; 10: 11-20
- Patient safety culture assessment in the nursing home.Qual Saf Health Care. 2006; 15: 400-404
- Variations in outcomes of care in urban and rural nursing facilities in Maine.J Appl Gerontol. 1996; 15: 101-123
- Nursing facility admission agreements: An analysis of selected content.J Appl Gerontol. 1996; 15: 294-313
- Resource dependence and institutional elements in nursing home TQM adoption.Health Serv Res. 1998; 33: 261-273
- Preparing patients and caregivers to participate in care delivered across settings: The Care Transitions Intervention.J Am Geriatr Soc. 2004; 52: 1817-1825
- Comprehensive discharge planning and home follow-up of hospitalized elders: A randomized clinical trial.JAMA. 1999; 281: 613-620
Financial support was provided by a Mount Sinai School of Medicine Summer Research Fellowship (F.S.), a Pfizer/Foundation for Health in Aging Junior Faculty Scholarship for Research on Health Outcomes in Geriatrics (K.S.B.), and the New York State Department of Health. K.S.B. is currently a Research Career Development Awardee from the VA Health Services Research and Development Service.