Setting and Participants
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of the American Medical Directors Association
Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services. Data Compendium. 2007 Edition. Available at: http://www.cms.hhs.gov/DataCompendium/17_2007_Data_Compendium.asp#TopOfPage. Accessed June 30, 2008.
Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services. 2008 Action Plan for (further Improvement of) Nursing Home Quality. Available at: http://www.cms.hhs.gov/CertificationandComplianc/Downloads/2008NHActionPlan.pdf. Accessed June 30, 2008.
- Feasibility of quality indicators for the management of geriatric syndromes in nursing home residents.J Am Med Dir Assoc. 2005; 6: S50-S59
- Verifying nursing home care quality using minimum data set quality indicators and other quality measures.J Nurs Care Qual. 1997; 12: 54-62
- Future development of nursing home quality indicators.Gerontologist. 2005; 45: 147-156
- The Minimum Data Set prevalence of restraint quality indicators: Does it reflect differences in Care?.Gerontologist. 2004; 44: 245-255
- The Minimum Data Set depression quality indicator: Does it reflect differences in care processes?.Gerontologist. 2004; 44: 554-564
- Nursing home staff's views on quality improvement interventions: A follow-up study.J Gerontol Nurs. 2007; 33: 40-47
- Nursing home care quality: Insights from a Bayesian network approach.Gerontologist. 2008; 48: 338-348
- Improving quality assessment through multilevel modeling: The case of nursing home compare.Health Serv Res. 2007; 42: 1177-1199
- Appropriateness of quality indicators for older patients with advanced dementia and poor prognosis.J Am Geriatr Soc. 2003; 51: 902-907
- Does risk adjustment of the CMS quality measures for nursing homes matter?.Med Care. 2008; 46: 532-541
- Stability and sensitivity of nursing home quality indicators.J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci. 2004; 59: 79-82
The National Voluntary Consensus Standards for Nursing Home Care project. Available at: http://22.214.171.124/pdf/reports/nursing_homes.pdf. Accessed June 30, 2008.
- Improving nursing home quality of care through outcomes data: The MDS quality indicators.Int J Geriatr Psychiatry. 2003; 18: 250-257
- Identification and evaluation of existing nursing homes quality indicators.Health Care Finance Rev. 2002; 23: 19-36
- Do trends in the reporting of quality measures on the nursing home compare web site differ by nursing home characteristics?.Gerontologist. 2005; 45: 720-730
- The quality of quality measurement in US nursing homes.Gerontologist. 2003; 43: 37-46
- Medicaid payment and risk-adjusted nursing home quality measures.Health Aff. 2004; 23: 243-252
- Development of a risk-adjusted urinary incontinence outcome measure of quality for nursing homes.Med Care. 2003; 41: 467-478
- Evaluating nursing home performance indicators: An illustration exploring the impact of facilities on ADL change.Gerontologist. 2007; 47: 683-689
- Evaluating the accuracy of minimum data set bed-mobility ratings against independent performance assessments: Systematic error and directions for improvement.Gerontologist. 2005; 45: 731-738
RAND report on MDS 3.0. Available at: http://www.cms.hhs.gov/NursingHomeQualityInits/Downloads/MDS30FinalReport.pdf. Accessed June 30, 2009.
- An empiric study of ecological inference.Am J Public Health. 1984; 74: 555-559
- State variability in indicators of quality of care in nursing facilities.J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci. 2005; 60A: 1173-1179
- Nursing home staff turnover: Impact on Nursing Home Compare quality measures.Gerontologist. 2007; 47: 650-666
- Further examination of the influence of caregiver staffing levels on nursing home quality.Gerontologist. 2008; 48: 464-476
Funding for this study was provided by Genesis HealthCare, Inc. We thank the staff, leadership, and Board of Directors of Genesis Healthcare for their initiative in supporting this study.