Design and Methods
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of the American Medical Directors Association
- The nursing home culture-change movement: Recent past, present, and future directions for research.Gerontologist. 2008; 48: 142-148
- Measuring culture change: Literature review.Colorado Foundation for Medical Care (CO QIO). 2006;
- Evolution of Eden.in: Weiner A.S. Ronch J.L. Culture Change in Long-Term Care. Hawthorn Press, Inc., New York2003: 141-158
- Radical redesign of nursing homes: Applying the green house concept in Tupelo, Mississippi.Gerontologist. 2006; 46: 533-539
- Creating Innovative Places: Organizational and Architectural Case Studies of the Culture Change Movement in Long-Term Care. Southern Gerontological Society Annual Meeting.Lexington, KY. 2006;
- Implementing culture change in health care: Theory and practice.Int J Qual Health Care. 2003; 15: 111-118
- Culture change management in long-term care: A shop-floor view.Politics and Society. 2006; 43: 55-79
- Culture Change in Nursing Homes: How Far Have We Come? Findings from The Commonwealth Fund 2007 National Survey of Nursing Homes.The Commonwealth Fund, New York, NYMay 2008
- Calling for an International Dialogue on Quality of Life in Care Homes. Journal Compilation.Blackwell Publishing Ltd, Hoboken, NJ2008
Severance J. Culture Change in Illinois Nursing Homes. June, 2006. Report from Midwestern University. IL. June 2006.
- Case study research: The view from complexity science.Qual Health Res. 2005; 15: 669-685
- The challenge of complexity in health care.BMJ. 2001; 323: 625-628
- An overview of complex adaptive systems.Mansoura J Math. 2005; 1: 1-26
- Using chaos theory: The implications for nursing.J Adv Nurs. 2002; 37 (462–269)
- Nursing homes as complex adaptive systems: Relationship between management practice and resident outcomes.Nurs Res. 2003; 52: 12-21
- Nursing homes as complex adaptive systems: Relationship between management practice and resident outcome.Nurs Res. 2003; 52: 12-21
A Rhode Island organization promoting person-centered care in nursing homes. Available at: http://regenerations.com/default.aspx. Accessed August 14, 2009.
- State differences and facility differences in nursing home staff turnover.J Appl Gerontol. 2008; 27: 609-630
- Investing in culture change.Provider. 2008; 34 (22–3, 26): 18-20
This study was made possible through funding from the Retirement Research Foundation (#2008-086), and by the Commonwealth Fund's generous sharing of its survey data.
The authors have no conflicts of interest.