Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of the American Medical Directors Association
- Prediction of mortality in elderly patients with hip fractures: a two-year prospective study of 1,944 patients.Gerontology. 2009; 55: 496-504
- Risk of mortality following hip fracture in Japan.J Orthop Sci. 2007; 12: 113-117
- Rehabilitation of elderly patients after fracture.Rev Med Suisse. 2007; 3 (French): 1512-1514
- Ambulatory ability after hip fracture. A prospective study in geriatric patients.Clin Orthop. 1995; : 150-159
- Predictors of functional recovery one year following hospital discharge for hip fracture: a prospective study.J Gerontol. 1990; 45: M101-M107
- Hip fractures in the elderly. Mortality, functional results and social readaptation.Int Surg. 1989; 74: 191-194
- Identifying mobility heterogeneity in very frail older adults. Are frail people all the same?.Arch Gerontol Geriatr. 2009; 49: 272-277
- Heterogeneity in hip fracture patients: age, functional status, and comorbidity.J Am Geriatr Soc. 2007; 55: 407-413
- Don't worry, be positive: Improving functional recovery 1 year after hip fracture.Rehabil Nurs. 2009; 34: 110-117
- Concurrent validity of administering the functional independence measure (FIM) instrument by interview.Am J Phys Med Rehabil. 2009; 88: 766-770
- Multidimensional Functional Assessment: The OARS Methodology.Duke University Center for the Study on Aging and Human Development, Durham, NC1978
- OARS methodology. A decade of experience in geriatric assessment.J Am Geriatr Soc. 1985; 33: 607-615
- Random-effects models for longitudinal data.Biometrics. 1982; 38: 963-974
- Modeling the variability in longitudinal pattern of aging. In: Crews DE and Garruto RM, eds. Biological Anthropology and Aging: Perspectives on Human variation over the life span.Oxford University Press, New York1994 (pp. 373–393)
Schabenberger O. Mixed Model Influence Diagnotics. Paper presented at: Proceedings of the 29th Annual SAS® Users Group International Conference 2004. Montreal, Canada (May 9, 2004).
- Disability in older adults: Evidence regarding significance, etiology, and risk.J Am Geriatr Soc. 1997; 45: 92-100
- The predictors of surgical procedure and the effects on functional recovery in elderly with subcapital fractures.J Gerontol. 1996; 51A: M158-M164
- Functional recovery after hip fracture.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 1987; 68: 735-740
This research was funded by the National Institute on Aging, Grant R01 AG15918–02. L.J.B. was supported by funds of the Intramural Research Program of the National Institute on Aging.