As demonstrated by the article authored by Braddy et al
1published in the Journal, I fully agree with the authors' conclusion that vitamin D levels were measured infrequently in long-term care patients. There are reasons for the finding.
- Braddy K.K.
- Imam S.N.
- Palla K.R.
- Lee T.A.
Vitamin D deficiency/insufficiency practice patterns in a Veterans Health Administration long-term care population: A retrospective analysis.
J Am Med Dir Assoc. 2009; 10: 653-657
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of the American Medical Directors Association
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Vitamin D deficiency/insufficiency practice patterns in a Veterans Health Administration long-term care population: A retrospective analysis.J Am Med Dir Assoc. 2009; 10: 653-657
- Accuracy and clinical implications of seven 25-hydroxyvitamin D methods compared with liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry as a reference.Ann Clin Biochem. 2008; 45: 153-159
- Vitamin D deficiency.N Engl J Med. 2007; 357: 266-281
- Severe myopathy associated with vitamin D deficiency in western New York.Arch Intern Med. 2000; 160: 1199-1203
- Fall prevention with supplemental and active forms of vitamin D: A meta-analysis of randomised controlled trials.BMJ. 2009; 339: b3692
- Association between serum 25-hydroxyvitamin D level and upper respiratory tract infection in the Third National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey.Arch Intern Med. 2009; 169: 384-390
- Vitamin D for cancer prevention: Global perspective.Ann Epidemiol. 2009; 19: 468-483
- Low serum 25 (OH) vitamin D levels (<32 ng/mL) are associated with reversible myositis-myalgia in statin-treated patients.Transl Res. 2009; 153: 11-16
© 2010 American Medical Directors Association. Published by Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
ScienceDirectAccess this article on ScienceDirect
- Vitamin D Deficiency/Insufficiency Practice Patterns in a Veterans Health Administration Long-Term Care Population: A Retrospective AnalysisJournal of the American Medical Directors AssociationVol. 10Issue 9