Introduction and Rationale
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of the American Medical Directors Association
- Prevention and control of influenza: Recommendations of the Advisory Committee on Influenza Practices (ACIP).MMWR Recomm Rep. 2005; 54: 1-40
- Prevention and control of influenza. Recommendations of the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP).MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2003; 52: 1-34
The World Health Report 2004. Available at: http://www.who.int/en/. Accessed August 17, 2010.
National Foundation for Infectious Disease. Immunizing Healthcare Personnel Against Influenza: A Report on Best Practices. Bethesda, MD, 2008. Available at: http://www.nfid.org/HCWtoolkit/. Accessed August 17, 2010.
- The ethics of mandatory vaccination against influenza for healthcare workers.Vaccine. 2008; 26: 5562-5566
- Influenza vaccination of healthcare workers in long-term-care hospitals reduces the mortality of elderly patients.J Infect Dis. 1997; 175: 1-6
- Effects of influenza vaccination of healthcare workers on mortality of elderly people in long-term care.Lancet. 2000; 9198: 93-97
- Effectiveness of an influenza vaccine programme for care home staff to prevent death, morbidity, and health service use among residents: cluster randomized controlled trial.BMJ. 2006; 333: 1241
- Preventing nosocomial influenza by improving the vaccine acceptance rate of clinicians.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2004; 25: 923-928
- The influence of staff and resident immunization rates on influenza-like illness outbreaks in nursing homes.J Am Med Dir Assoc. 2006; 7: 562-567
- Specific humoral immunity in the elderly: in vivo and in vitro response to vaccination.J Gerontol. 1993; 48: B231-B236
- Studies: LTC Staff still resist flu shots.Caring for the Ages. 2001; 2: 16-18
- Incidence and recall of influenza in a cohort of Glasgow healthcare workers during the 1993–4 epidemic: Results of serum testing and a questionnaire.BMJ. 1996; 313: 1241-1242
- Effect of influenza vaccination of nursing home staff on mortality of residents.J Am Geriatr Soc. 2009; 57: 1580-1586
M.J.B.’s Geriatric fellowship was supported by the Donald W. Reynolds Foundation while a fellow at Johns Hopkins School of Medicine. None of the authors have financial or personal conflicts of interest.