Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of the American Medical Directors Association
- Changes in Characteristics, Needs and Payment for Elderly Nursing Home Residents: 1999 to 2004.Kaiser Family Foundation, Washington DC2007 (Available at:)Accessed December 15, 2009)
Advancing Excellence in America’s Nursing Homes. Available at: www.nhqualitycampaign.org/. Accessed December 26, 2009.
Nursing Home Quality Initiatives. Centers for Medicaid and Medicare Services. Available at: www.cms.hhs.gov/NursingHomeQualityInits/. Accessed December 26, 2009.
- Improving the Quality of Long Term Care. Report by Institute of Medicine.National Academy Press, Washington DC2001
Scanlon WJ. Nursing homes: Prevalence of serious quality problems remains unacceptably high, despite some decline. Testimony before the Committee on Finance, US Senate. GAO-03–1016T: 286. July 17, 2003.
Mor V, Caswell C, Littlehale S, et al. Changes in the Quality of Nursing Homes in the US: A Review and Update. American Health Care Association. Available at: www.ahcancal.org/research_data/quality/Documents/ChangesinNursingHomeQuality.pdf. Accessed November 15, 2009.
- The nursing home physician workforce.J Am Med Dir Assoc. 2006; 7: 394-398
- Doctors in Hospitals: Medical Staff Organization and Hospital Performance.Johns Hopkins University Press, Baltimore1971
- The effects of management practices on hospital efficiency and quality of care.in: Shortell S. Brown M. Organizational Research in Hospitals. Blue Cross Association, Chicago1976
- Professional power and professional effectiveness: The power of the surgical staff and the quality of surgical care in hospitals.J Health Soc Behavior. 1978; 19: 240-254
- Hospital medical staff organization and quality of care.Med Care. 1981; 19: 1041-1055
- The influence of nursing home culture on the use of feeding tubes.Arch Intern Med. 2010; 170: 83-88
- Unexplained variation Across US nursing homes in antipsychotic prescribing rates.Arch Intern Med. 2010; 170: 89-95
- Medical staff organization in nursing homes: Scale development and validation.J Am Med Dir Assoc. 2009; 7: 498-504
- Mail and Telephone Surveys: The Total Design Method.John Wiley and Sons, New York1978
- The effect of state Medicaid case-mix payment on nursing home resident acuity.Health Serv Res. 2006; 41: 1317-1336
- The quality of quality measurement in US nursing homes.Gerontologist. 2003; 43: 24-29
- Stakeholders’ opinions regarding important measures of nursing home quality for consumers.Am J Med Qual. 1999; 14: 124-132
- Quality of life measures for nursing home residents.J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci. 2003; 58: 240-248
- Stroke rehabilitation in nursing homes: How do we measure quality?.Clin Geriatr Med. 1999; 15: 869-884
- Quality indicators for the management of medical conditions in nursing home residents.J Am Med Dir Assoc. 2004; 5: 297-309
- Associations among nurse and certified nursing assistant hours per resident per day and adherence to guidelines for treating nursing home-acquired pneumonia.J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci. 2008; 63: 1105-1111
- Physician practice in the nursing home: Missing in action or misunderstood.J Am Geriatr Soc. 2005; 53: 1826-1828
- Profile of physicians in the nursing home: Time perception and barriers to optimal medical practice.J Am Med Dir Assoc. 2008; 10: 93-97
- Nursing home physician specialists: A response to the workforce crisis in long-term care.Ann Int Med. 2009; 150: 411-413
Funding source: National Institute on Aging R21 AG025246.