Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of the American Medical Directors Association
US Department of Health & Human Services. Testimony. Available at: http://www.hhs.gov/asl/testify/2012/07/t20120702a.html. Accessed October 8, 2012.
- Integrity-promoting care of demented nursing home patients: Psychological and biochemical changes.Int J Geriatr Psychiatry Assoc. 1989; 4: 165-172
- Improving well-being for patients with senile dementia by minor changes in the ward environment.in: Levi L. Society, Stress and Disease. Oxford University Press, Oxford1987: 295-297
- The effects of an enhanced environment on nursing home residents who pace.Gerontologist Assoc. 1998; 38: 199-208
- Community formation and community roles among persons with Alzheimer’s disease: A comparative study of experiences in a residential Alzheimer’s facility and a traditional nursing home.Qual Health Res Assoc. 1999; 9: 65-85
- Dissonance in the dining room: A study of social interaction in a special care unit.Qual Health Res Assoc. 1999; 9: 133-155
- Radical re-design of nursing homes: Applying the green house concept in Tupelo, MS.Gerontologist Assoc. 2006; 46: 533-539
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Nursing Home Facilities. Available at: http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nnhsd/nursinghomefacilities2006.pdf. Accessed October 14, 2012.
- Advantages and disadvantages of using MDS data in nursing research.J Gerontol Nur Assoc. 2009; 35: 7-17
Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services. MDS 2.0 Public Quality Indicator and Resident Reports. Available at: http://www.cms.gov/MDSPubQIandResRep/. Accessed October 8, 2012.
Research Data Assistance Center. Resident Level Assessment Data 2.0. Available at: http://www.resdac.org/mds/data_available.asp. Accessed October 8, 2012.
- Validating MDS data about risk factors for perineal dermatitis by comparing with nursing home records.J Gerontol Nur Assoc. 2008; 34: 12-18
- Measuring nursing care quality and using large data sets in nonacute care settings: State of the science.Nurs Outlook Assoc. 2004; 52: 23-37
- Validity of the Minimum Data Set in identifying urinary tract infections in residents of long-term care facilities.J Am Geriatr Soc Assoc. 2004; 52: 707-711
- Psychometric characteristics of the minimum data set II: Validity.J Am Geriatr Soc Assoc. 1998; 46: 736-744
- Validity and responsiveness of the minimum data set.Geriatr Soc Assoc. 1999; 47: 1000-1004
- Caring for Aged Dementia Care Resident Study (CADRES) of person-centred care, dementia-care mapping, and usual care in dementia: A cluster-randomised trial.Lancet Neurol Assoc. 2009; 8: 317-325
- Resident outcomes in small-house nursing homes: A longitudinal evaluation of the initial green house program.J Am Geriatr Soc Assoc. 2007; 55: 832-839
- The Eden Alternative: Findings after 1 year of implementation.J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci. 2002; 57: M422-M427
The authors report no actual or potential conflicts of interest.
This study was funded through Western New York Person-Centered Care Alliance by the Oishei Foundation.