Design and Methods
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of the American Medical Directors Association
- Effect of the National Resident Assessment Instrument on selected health conditions and problems.J Am Geriatr Soc. 1997; 45: 994-1001
- The OBRA-87 nursing home regulations and implementation of the Resident Assessment Instrument: Effects on process quality.J Am Geriatr Soc. 1997; 45: 977-985
- Association of the Resident Assessment Instrument (RAI) with changes in function, cognition, and psychosocial status.J Am Geriatr Soc. 1997; 45: 986-993
- The Resident Assessment Instrument (RAI): Promise and pitfalls.J Am Geriatr Soc. 1997; 45: 975-976
- Can nursing homes use the MDS to improve quality?.J Am Geriatr Soc. 1997; 45: 1027-1028
- Where's Gertrude?.J Am Geriatr Soc. 1997; 45: 1025-1026
- Overview of significant changes in the Minimum Data Set for nursing homes version 3.0.J Am Med Dir Assoc. 2012; 13: 595-601
- Making the investment count: Revision of the Minimum Data Set for nursing homes, MDS 3.0.J Am Med Dir Assoc. 2012; 13: 602-610
Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services. Minimum data set, version 3.0 (MDS 3.0). 2010. Available at: https://www.cms.gov/NursingHomeQualityInits/45_NHQIMDS30TrainingMaterials.asp#TopOPage. Accessed July 11, 2013.
- Mandated Assessments. Assessing Older Persons.Oxford University Press, NY2000
- Physician recognition of cognitive impairment: Evaluating the need for improvement.J Am Geriatr Soc. 2004; 52: 1051-1059
- Functional assessment of the elderly. A comparison of standard instruments with clinical judgment.Arch Intern Med. 1987; 147: 484-488
- Assessment of dementia in nursing home residents by nurses and assistants: Criteria validity and determinants.Int J Geriatr Psychiatry. 2001; 16: 615-621
- Measuring pain presence and intensity in nursing home residents.J Am Med Dir Assoc. 2006; 7: 147-153
- Measuring pain intensity in nursing home residents.J Pain Symptom Manage. 2005; 30: 519-527
- The National Nursing Home Survey: 2004 overview.Vital Health Stat. 2009; 167: 1-155
- Development and Validation of a Revised Nursing Home Assessment Tool: MDS 3.0.RAND Health Coorporation, Santa Monica, CA2008
- Preliminary derivation of a Nursing Home Confusion Assessment Method based on data from the Minimum Data Set.J Am Geriatr Soc. 2007; 55: 1099-1105
- Restructuring in response to case mix reimbursement in nursing homes: A contingency approach.Health Care Manage Rev. 2008; 33: 113-123
- MDS 3.0: Brief interview for mental status.J Am Med Dir Assoc. 2012; 13: 611-617
- Testing the PHQ-9 interview and Observational Versions (PHQ-9 OV) for MDS 3.0.J Am Med Dir Assoc. 2012; 13: 618-625
The authors have no conflicts of interest relating to this article. This work was supported by the National Institute on Aging (P01 AG-027296) and the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (T32 HS-000011).