Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of the American Medical Directors Association
- Mental and physical activities delay cognitive decline in older persons with dementia.Am J Geriatr Psychiatry. 2014; 22: 63-74
- The Mental Activity and eXercise (MAX) trial: A randomized controlled trial to enhance cognitive function in older adults.JAMA Intern Med. 2013; 173: 797-804
- A review of multidomain interventions to support healthy cognitive ageing.J Nutr Health Aging. 2013; 17: 252-257
- Brain reserve hypothesis in dementia.J Alzheimer Dis. 2007; 12: 11-22
- Mental, physical and social components in leisure activities equally contribute to decrease dementia risk.Dement Geriatr Cogn Disord. 2006; 21: 65-73
- The effects of cognitive activity combined with active extremity exercise on balance, walking activity, memory level and quality of life of an older adult sample with dementia.J Phys Ther Sci. 2013; 25: 1601-1604
- Can cognitive exercise prevent the onset of dementia? Systematic review of randomized clinical trials with longitudinal follow-up.Am J Geriatr Psychiatry. 2009; 17: 179-187
- Cognitive exercise and its role in cognitive function in older adults.Curr Psychiatry Rep. 2010; 12: 20-27
- Brain reserve and the prevention of dementia.Curr Opin Psychiatry. 2008; 21: 296-302
- An active lifestyle postpones dementia onset by more than one year in very old adults.J Alzheimer Dis. 2012; 31: 835-842
- Participation in cognitively stimulating activities and risk of incident Alzheimer disease.JAMA. 2002; 287: 742-748
- Complex mental activity and the aging brain: Molecular, cellular and cortical network mechanisms.Brain Res Rev. 2007; 56: 198-213
- Lifespan mental activity predicts diminished rate of hippocampal atrophy.PLoS ONE. 2008; 3: e2598
- Association of lifetime cognitive engagement and low β-amyloid deposition.Arch Neurol. 2012; 69: 623-629
- Cognitive leisure activities and their role in preventing dementia: A systematic review.Int J Evid Based Health. 2010; 8: 2-17
- [Efficacy of cognitive training programs based on new software technologies in patients with Alzheimer-type dementia].Psicothema. 2011; 23: 44-50
The authors declare no conflicts of interest.