Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of the American Medical Directors Association
- Diabetes mellitus in older people: Position statement on behalf of the International Association of Gerontology and Geriatrics (IAGG), the European Diabetes Working Party for Older People (EDWPOP), and the International Task Force of Experts in Diabetes.J Am Med Dir Assoc. 2012; 13: 497-502
- Diabetes mellitus: Prevalence and effect of morbidities in the oldest old. The Octabaix study.J Am Geriatr Soc. 2012; 60: 462-467
- Association of diabetes, comorbidities, and A1C with functional disability in older adults: Results from the National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey (NHANES), 1999–2006.Diabetes Care. 2010; 33: 1055-1060
- Impact of diabetes on physical function in older people.Diabetes Care. 2008; 31: 233-235
- Japanese Elderly Diabetes Intervention Trial Study Group. Risk factors for a 6-year decline in physical disability and functional limitations among elderly people with type 2 diabetes in the Japanese Elderly Diabetes Intervention Trial.Geriatr Gerontol Int. 2012; 12: 117-126
- Diabetes and risk of physical disability in adults: A systematic review and meta-analysis.Lancet Diabetes Endocrinol. 2013; 1: 106-114
- Risk score for prediction of 10 year dementia risk in individuals with type 2 diabetes: A cohort study.Lancet Diabetes Endocrinol. 2013; 1: 183-190
- Octabaix study members. Predictors of cognitive decline in 85-year-old patients without cognitive impairment at baseline: 2-Year follow-up of the octabaix study.Am J Alzheimers Dis Other Demen. 2013; 28: 147-153
- Diabetes as a predictor of change in functional status among older Mexican Americans: A population-based cohort study.Diabetes Care. 2003; 26: 314-319
- The Newcastle 85+ study: Biological, clinical and psychosocial factors associated with healthy ageing: Study protocol.BMC Geriatr. 2007; 7: 14
- The impact of diabetes mellitus on cognitive decline in the oldest of the old: A prospective population based study.Diabetologia. 2006; 49: 2015-2023
- Trends in the prevalence and comorbidities of diabetes mellitus in nursing home residents in the United States: 1995–2004.J Am Geriatr Soc. 2010; 58: 724-730
- Grupo de Estudio OCTABAIX. Ensayo aleatorizado de prevención de caídas y malnutrición en personas de 85 años en la comunidad. Estudio OCTABAIX.Rev Esp Geriatr Gerontol. 2010; 45: 79-85
- Functional status and health outcomes in older Americans with diabetes mellitus.J Am Geriatr Soc. 2003; 51: 745-753
- Evaluation of nutritional status and its relationship with functional status in older citizens with diabetes mellitus using the mini nutritional assessment (MNA) tool—a preliminary investigation.J Nutr Health Aging. 2002; 6: 185-189
- The relationship between nutritional status, functional capacity, and health-related quality of life in older adults with type 2 diabetes: A pilot explanatory study.J Nutr Health Aging. 2013; 17: 315-321
- Fremantle Cognition in Diabetes Study. Cognitive impairment, physical disability and depressive symptoms in older diabetic patients: The Fremantle Cognition in Diabetes Study.Diabetes Res Clin Pract. 2003; 61: 59-67
- Diabetes and physical disability among older U.S. adults.Diabetes Care. 2000; 23: 1272-1277
- Utility of geriatric assessment to predict mortality in the oldest old: The Octabaix study 3-year follow-up.Rejuvenation Res. 2013; 16: 279-284
This study was funded in part by public funding from the Fondo de Investigación Sanitaria- Instituto de Salud Carlos III, Spain (Number PS09/00552 and RD12/0043/0001) and the European Commission, Belgium (MID-FRAIL Study, FP7-Health-2011 Proposal N° 278803–2).
The authors declare no conflicts of interest.