Design and Measurements
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of the American Medical Directors Association
- Inappropriate prescribing in the older population: Need for new criteria.Age Ageing. 2008; 37: 138-141
- Inappropriate Medication Administration to the Acutely Ill Elderly: A Nationwide Emergency Department Study, 1992–2000.J Am Geriatr Soc. 2004; 52: 1847-1855
- Inappropriate prescribing for older people admitted to an intermediate-care nursing home unit and hospital wards.Scand J Prim Health Care. 2012; 30: 169-175
- Prevalence of potentially inappropriate prescribing in an acutely ill population of older patients admitted to six European hospitals.Eur J Clin Pharmacol. 2011; 67: 1175-1188
- Potentially inappropriate drug prescription in the elderly in France: A population-based study from the French National Insurance Healthcare system.Eur J Clin Pharmacol. 2011; 67: 1291-1299
- American Geriatrics Society Updated Beers Criteria for Potentially Inappropriate Medication Use in Older Adults.J Am Geriatr Soc. 2012; 60: 616-631
- STOPP (Screening Tool of Older Person's Prescriptions) and START (Screening Tool to Alert doctors to Right Treatment). Consensus validation.Int J Clin Pharmacol Ther. 2008; 46: 72-83
- Commentary on the New American Geriatric Society Beers Criteria for potentially inappropriate medication use in older adults.Am J Geriatr Pharmacother. 2012; 10: 1543-1946
- 2012 Updated Beers criteria: Greater applicability to Europe? Letters to the Editor.J Am Geriatr Soc. 2012; 60: 2188-2189
- Potentially inappropriate prescribing in older residents in Irish nursing homes.Age Ageing. 2013; 42: 116-120
- Potentially inappropriate drug prescriptions and risk of hospitalization among older, Italian, nursing home residents. The ULISSE Project.Drugs Aging. 2010; 27: 747-758
- Quality of prescribing in care homes and the community in England and Wales.Br J Gen Pract. 2012; 62: 329-336
- Exposure to potentially Inappropriate drugs and drug-drug interactions in elderly nursing home residents in Helsinki, Finland: A cross-sectional study.Drugs Aging. 2008; 25: 683-692
- Potentially inappropriate prescribing in an Irish elderly population in primary care.Br J Clin Pharmacol. 2009; 68: 936-947
- Age-related changes in pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics: Basic principles and practical applications.Br J Clin Pharmacol. 2003; 57: 6-14
- Nursing home residents attending the emergency department: Clinical characteristics and outcomes.Q J Med. 2013; 106: 803-808
The use of WHO-UMC system for standardised case causality assessment. The Uppsala Monitoring Centre. Available at: http://www.who-umc.org/DynPage.aspx?id=97224&mn1=7347&mn2=7252& mn3=7257. Accessed March 24, 2014.
- Inappropriate prescribing in older fallers presenting to an Irish emergency department.Age Ageing. 2014; 43: 44-50
- Potentially inappropriate prescribing and cost outcomes for older people: A national population study.Br J Clin Pharmacol. 2010; 69: 543-552
Health Information and Quality Authority. National Quality Standards for Residential Care Settings for Older People in Ireland. 2009. Available at: http://www.hiqa.ie/publication/national-quality-standards-residential-care-settings-older-people-ireland. Accessed January 14, 2014.
- A prevalence study of potentially inappropriate prescribing in Irish long-term care residents.Drugs Aging. 2013; 30: 39-49
- Frequency of potentially inappropriate prescriptions in older people at discharge according to Beers and STOPP criteria.Int J Clin Pharm. 2014; 36: 596-603
- Potentially inappropriate drug use among hospitalized older adults: Results from the CRIME study.Age Ageing. 2014; 36: 596-603
The authors declare no conflicts of interest.