Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of the American Medical Directors Association
- Frailty, fitness and late-life mortality in relation to chronological and biological age.BMC Geriatr. 2002; 2: 1
- Frailty in elderly people.Lancet. 2013; 381: 752-762
- Prevalence of frailty in community-dwelling older persons: A systematic review.J Am Geriatr Soc. 2012; 60: 1487-1492
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Falls among older adults: An overview. 2013. Available at: http://www.cdc.gov/homeandrecreationalsafety/falls/adultfalls.html. Accessed April 29, 2015.
- The STRIDE (Strategies to Increase confidence, InDependence and Energy) study: Cognitive behavioural therapy-based intervention to reduce fear of falling in older fallers living in the community—study protocol for a randomised controlled trial.Trials. 2014; 15: 210
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Costs of falls among older adults. 2015. Available at: http://www.cdc.gov/HomeandRecreationalSafety/Falls/fallcost.html. Accessed April 29, 2015.
- Risk factors for falls among elderly persons living in the community.N Engl J Med. 1988; 319: 1701-1707
National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (UK). NICE clinical guideline, falls: Assessment and prevention of falls in older people. 2013. Available at: https://www.nice.org.uk/guidance/cg161. Accessed April 29, 2015.
Public Health Agency of Canada (Canada). You CAN Prevent Falls! 2011. Available at: http://www.phac-aspc.gc.ca/seniors-aines/publications/public/injury-blessure/prevent-eviter/index-eng.php. Accessed April 29, 2015.
- Frailty in older adults: Evidence for a phenotype.J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci. 2001; 56: M146-M156
- Does frailty predict increased risk of falls and fractures? A prospective population-based study.Osteoporos Int. 2013; 24: 2397-2403
- A comparison of frailty indexes for the prediction of falls, disability, fractures, and mortality in older men.J Am Geriatr Soc. 2009; 57: 492-498
- Frailty and risk of falls, fracture, and mortality in older women: The study of osteoporotic fractures.J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci. 2007; 62: 744-751
- Validation and comparison of two frailty indexes: The MOBILIZE Boston Study.J Am Geriatr Soc. 2009; 57: 1532-1539
- Frailty as a predictor of falls in older Mexican Americans.J Aging Health. 2012; 24: 641-653
- Frailty and fracture, disability, and falls: A multiple country study from the global longitudinal study of osteoporosis in women.J Am Geriatr Soc. 2013; 61: 327-334
- Risk factors for single and recurrent falls: A prospective study of falls in community dwelling seniors without cognitive impairment.Prev Med. 2013; 57: 511-517
- Phenotype of frailty: Characterization in the women's health and aging studies.J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci. 2006; 61: 262-266
- A comparison of frailty indexes for prediction of adverse health outcomes in an elderly cohort.Arch Gerontol Geriatr. 2012; 54: 16-20
- The relationship between increased body mass index and frailty on falls in community dwelling older adults.BMC Geriatr. 2013; 13: 132
- Meta-analysis of observational studies in epidemiology: A proposal for reporting. Meta-analysis of observational studies in epidemiology (MOOSE) group.JAMA. 2000; 283: 2008-2012
- Measuring inconsistency in meta-analyses.BMJ. 2003; 327: 557-560
- Frailty in relation to the risk of falls, fractures, and mortality in older Chinese adults: Results from the Beijing Longitudinal Study of Aging.J Nutr Health Aging. 2012; 16: 903-907
- Frailty index of deficit accumulation and falls: Data from the Global Longitudinal Study of Osteoporosis in Women (GLOW) Hamilton cohort.BMC Musculoskelet Disord. 2014; 15: 185
- Gender differences for non-fatal unintentional fall related injuries among older adults.Inj Prev. 2005; 11: 115-119
- A comparison of two approaches to measuring frailty in elderly people.J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci. 2007; 62: 738-743
- Risk factors for falls in community-dwelling older people: A systematic review and meta-analysis.Epidemiology. 2010; 21: 658-668
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Facts about physical activity. 2014. Available at: http://www.cdc.gov/physicalactivity/data/facts.html. Accessed April 29, 2015.
- Modifications to the frailty phenotype criteria: Systematic review of the current literature and investigation of 262 frailty phenotypes in the Survey of Health, Ageing, and Retirement in Europe.Ageing Res Rev. 2015; 21: 78-94
The author declares no conflicts of interest.