Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of the American Medical Directors Association
- The incidence and nature of in-hospital adverse events: A systematic review.Qual Saf Health Care. 2008; 17: 216-223
- Frequency of and risk factors for preventable medication-related hospital admissions in the Netherlands.Arch Intern Med. 2008; 168: 1890-1896
- Adverse drug reactions as a reason for admission to an internal medicine ward in Argentina.Int J Risk Saf Med. 2013; 25: 185-192
- Adverse drug reactions as cause of admission to hospital: Prospective analysis of 18 820 patients.BMJ. 2004; 329: 15-19
- Preventable hospital admissions related to medication (HARM): Cost analysis of the HARM study.Value Health. 2011; 14: 34-40
- Registering complications at admission via the emergency department: An opportunity for improvement.Neth J Med. 2013; 71: 44-49
- Emergency departments in The Netherlands.Emerg Med J. 2012; 29: 6-9
Nederlandse Vereniging Voor Heelkunde. The Netherlands. Available at: http://www.heelkunde.nl/kwaliteit/complicatieregistratie. Accessed January 10, 2014.
Nederlandse Orthopaedische Vereniging (NOV). The Netherlands. Available at: http://www.orthopeden.org/kwaliteit/complicatieregistratie. Accessed October 1, 2014.
Nederlandse Vereniging voor Neurologie (NVN). The Netherlands. Available at: http://www.neurologie.nl/leden/beroepsinformatie/kwaliteitsmeting/complicatieregistratie (only accessible for members). Accessed October 1, 2014.
Nederlandse Vereniging voor Neurochirurgie (NVvN). The Netherlands. Available at: http://www.nvvn.org/patienteninfo/alg-over-neurochirurgie-in-het-algemeen.php. Accessed October 1, 2014.
- A new method of classifying prognostic comorbidity in longitudinal studies: Development and validation.J Chronic Dis. 1987; 40: 373-383
- Updating and validating the Charlson comorbidity index and score for risk adjustment in hospital discharge abstracts using data from 6 countries.Am J Epidemiol. 2011; 173: 676-682
- Focusing on the preventability of adverse drug reactions.Hosp Pharm. 1992; 27: 538
- Understanding interobserver agreement: The kappa statistic.Fam Med. 2005; 37: 360-363
- Higher Charlson Comorbidity Index scores are associated with readmission after orthopaedic surgery.Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2014; 472: 1638-1644
- Detection of patients presenting with adverse drug events in the emergency department.Intern Med J. 2012; 42: 651-657
- Comorbidity and repeat admission to hospital for adverse drug reactions in older adults: Retrospective cohort study.BMJ. 2009; 338: a2752
- Redefining readmission risk factors for general medicine patients.J Hosp Med. 2011; 6: 54-60
- Admissions to hospital caused by adverse drug reactions: Cross sectional incidence study. French Pharmacovigilance Centres.BMJ. 2000; 320: 1036
- The incidence and nature of surgical adverse events in Colorado and Utah in 1992.Surgery. 1999; 126: 66-75
- [Dislocation of total hip prostheses; risk factors and treatment].Ned Tijdschr Geneeskd. 2003; 147 (Dutch): 286-290
- Dislocation of hip prostheses.Tidsskr Nor Laegeforen. 2013; 133: 1197-1199
- The Gothenburg study of perioperative risk. I. Preoperative findings, postoperative complications.Acta Anaesthesiol Scand. 1994; 38: 679-690
- Identification of adverse events at an orthopedics department in Sweden.Acta Orthop. 2008; 79: 396-403
- Incidence of oral anticoagulant-associated intracerebral hemorrhage in the Netherlands.Stroke. 2014; 45: 268-270
- Anticoagulant-associated intracerebral hemorrhage.Semin Neurol. 2010; 30: 565-572
- The effect of warfarin and intensity of anticoagulation on outcome of intracerebral hemorrhage.Arch Intern Med. 2004; 164: 880-884
- Prolonged impairment in activities of daily living due to postdural puncture headache after diagnostic lumbar puncture.Anaesthesia. 1998; 53: 299-302
- Post-lumbar puncture headache.Tidsskr Nor Laegeforen. 2012; 132: 818-821
- Post-dural puncture headache: Part II—prevention, management, and prognosis.Headache. 2010; 50: 1482-1498
- The subjective complications and efficiency of the epidural blood patch in the treatment of postdural puncture headache.Reg Anesth. 1989; 14: 247-250
- Incidence and risk factors of ventriculoperitoneal shunt infections in children: A study of 333 consecutive shunts in 6 years.J Korean Med Sci. 2012; 27: 1563-1568
- Characteristics and treatment outcome of cerebrospinal fluid shunt-associated infections in adults: A retrospective analysis over an 11-year period.Clin Infect Dis. 2008; 47: 73-82
- Hindsight not equal to foresight: The effect of outcome knowledge on judgment under uncertainty. 1975.Qual Saf Health Care. 2003; 12 (discussion 11–12): 304-311
- Comparison of three methods for estimating rates of adverse events and rates of preventable adverse events in acute care hospitals.BMJ. 2004; 328: 199
The authors declare no conflicts of interest.