Main Outcome Measures
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of the American Medical Directors Association
Parkinson's Disease Foundation, Inc. Statistics on Parkinson's. New York, NY. Available at: http://www.pdf.org/en/parkinson_statistics. Accessed August 13, 2014.
- Psychiatric syndromes in Parkinson's disease.Curr Opin Psychiatry. 2012; 25: 468-472
- A comparative study of psychiatric symptoms in dementia with Lewy bodies and Parkinson's disease with and without dementia.Int J Geriatr Psychiatry. 2001; 16: 528-536
- Clozapine in drug-induced psychosis in Parkinson's disease.Lancet. 1999; 353: 2041-2042
- Low-dose clozapine for the treatment of drug-induced psychosis in Parkinson's disease.N Engl J Med. 1999; 340: 757-763
- Clozapine in drug induced psychosis in Parkinson's disease: A randomised, placebo controlled study with open follow up.J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry. 2004; 75: 689-695
- The movement Disorder society evidence-based medicine review Update: Treatments for the non-motor symptoms of Parkinson's disease.Mov Disord. 2011; 26: S42-S80
- Quetiapine for agitation or psychosis in patients with dementia and parkinsonism.Neurology. 2007; 68: 1356-1363
- Effect of quetiapine in psychotic Parkinson's disease patients: A double-blind labeled study of 3 months' duration.Mov Disord. 2007; 22: 313-318
- Quetiapine treatment of psychosis associated with dementia: A double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled clinical trial.Am J Geriatr Psychiatry. 2006; 14: 767-776
- Double-blind, placebo-controlled, unforced titration parallel trial of quetiapine for dopaminergic-induced hallucinations in Parkinson's disease.Mov Disord. 2005; 20: 958-963
- A randomized controlled trial of quetiapine for psychosis in Parkinson's disease.Neuropsychiatr Dis Treat. 2009; 5: 327-332
- Olanzapine in the treatment of dopamimetic-induced psychosis in patients with Parkinson's disease.Biol Psychiatry. 2002; 52: 438-445
- Olanzapine treatment for dopaminergic-induced hallucinations.Mov Disord. 2002; 17: 1031-1035
- A fixed-dose randomized controlled trial of olanzapine for psychosis in Parkinson disease.F1000Res. 2013; 2: 150
- Risperidone versus clozapine in the treatment of psychosis in six patients with Parkinson's disease and other akinetic-rigid syndromes.J Clin Psychiatry. 1995; 56: 556-559
- Open-label flexible-dose pilot study to evaluate the safety and tolerability of aripiprazole in patients with psychosis associated with Parkinson's disease.Mov Disord. 2006; 21: 2078-2081
- Clozapine for the treatment of drug-induced psychosis in Parkinson's disease: Results of the 12 week open label extension in the PSYCLOPS trial.Mov Disord. 2001; 16: 135-139
- Clozapine in the treatment of parkinsonian patients with dopaminomimetic psychosis.Neurology. 1990; 40: 832-834
- Quetiapine for psychosis in Parkinson's disease versus dementia with Lewy bodies.J Clin Psychiatry. 2002; 63: 513-515
- Quetiapine and clozapine in parkinsonian patients with dopaminergic psychosis.Clin Neuropharmacol. 2004; 27: 153-156
- Clozapine in Parkinson's disease psychosis: 5-Year follow-up review.Clin Neuropharmacol. 2003; 26: 8-11
- Pimavanserin for patients with Parkinson's disease psychosis: A randomised, placebo-controlled phase 3 trial.Lancet. 2014; 383: 533-540
Mills R, Williams, H., Bahr, D. Optimization of Phase III study design for pimavanserin in the treatment of Parkinson's disease psychosis. Abstract presented at XIX World Congress on Parkinson's Disease and Related Disorders; Shanghai, China; December 11-14, 2011.
A study of safety and efficacy of pimavanserin (ACP-103) in patients with Parkinson’s disease psychosis. Available at: http://clinicaltrials.gov/show/NCT00477672. Accessed August 13, 2014.
- The clinically important difference on the unified Parkinson's disease rating scale.Arch Neurol. 2010; 67: 64-70
The authors declare no conflicts of interest.
This study was funded by ACADIA Pharmaceuticals. The funder provided access to data and supported analysis and interpretation, and contributed to writing this manuscript.
Trial registration: Clinical Trials No. NCT00550238.