Setting and Participants
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of the American Medical Directors Association
- Frailty and failure to thrive.in: Hazzard W.R. Blass J.P. Ettinger Jr., W.H. Principles of Geriatric Medicine and Gerontology. 4th ed. McGraw Hill, New York1998: 1387-1402
- Self-reported walking speed: A useful marker of physical performance among community-dwelling older people?.J Am Med Dir Assoc. 2015; 16: 323-328
- Influence of dual task and frailty on gait parameters of older community dwelling individuals.Braz J Phys Ther. 2014; 18: 445-452
- Gait speed as a predictor of respiratory muscle function, strength and frailty syndrome in community dwelling elderly people.J Frailty Aging. 2015; 4: 64-68
- Gait speed as an incremental predictor of mortality and major morbidity in elderly patients undergoing cardiac surgery.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2010; 56: 1668-1676
- The non-linear relationship between gait speed and falls: The maintenance of balance, independent living, intellect and zest in the elderly Boston study.J Am Geriatr Soc. 2011; 59: 1069-1073
- Community ambulation after stroke: How important and obtainable is it and what measures appear predictive?.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2004; 85: 234-239
- Effects of walking speed, strength and range of motion on gait stability in healthy older adults.J Biomech. 2008; 41: 2899-2905
- Sarcopenia in Asia: Consensus report of the Asian Working Group for Sarcopenia.J Am Med Dir Assoc. 2014; 15: 95-101
- A global clinical measure of fitness and frailty in elderly people.CMAJ. 2005; 173: 489-495
- Validation of the Chinese-Canadian study of health and ageing clinical frailty scale (CSHA-CFS) telephone version.Arch Gerontol Geriatr. 2010; 50: e74-e80
- Insulin-like growth factor-1 and its binding protein-3 polymorphisms predict circulating igf-1 level and appendicular skeletal muscle mass in Chinese elderly.J Am Med Dir Assoc. 2015; 16: 365-370
- Low free testosterone predicts frailty in older men: The health in men study.J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2010; 95: 3165-3172
- Growth hormone administration and exercise effects on muscle fiber type and diameter in moderately frail older people.J Am Geriatr Soc. 2001; 49: 852-858
- The influence of foot position on standing balance.J Biomech. 1987; 20: 423-427
- Undisturbed upright stance control in the elderly: Part 1. Age-related changes in undisturbed upright stance control.J Mot Behav. 2005; 37: 348-358
- Increasing awareness of the factors producing falls: The Mini Falls Assessment.J Am Med Dir Assoc. 2012; 13: 87-90
- Backward disequilibrium in elderly subjects.Clin Interv Aging. 2008; 3: 667-672
- Impact of exercise to improve gait efficiency on activity and participation in older adults with mobility limitations: A randomized controlled trial.Phys Ther. 2011; 91: 1740-1751
- Efficacy of progressive resistance training interventions in older adults in nursing homes: A systematic review.J Am Med Dir Assoc. 2012; 13: 418-428
- Effects of different exercise interventions on risk of falls, gait ability and balance in physically frail older adults: A systematic review.Rejuvenation Res. 2013; 16: 105-114
The authors declare no conflicts of interest.
This work was supported by a grant (NRF 2008 NRF-CRP 001–30) from the Competitive Research Program of the National Research Foundation, Singapore.