Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of the American Medical Directors Association
- 2013 Alzheimer's disease facts and figures.Alzheimer Dement. 2013; 9: 208-248
- Bupa/ADI report: Improving dementia care worldwide: Ideas and advice on developing and implementing a National Dementia Plan.BUPA/ADI, London2013
- Dementia special care units: A comparison with standard units regarding residents' profile and care features.Int Psychogeriatr. 2013; 25: 2023-2031
- Environmental correlates of neuropsychiatric symptoms in nursing home patients with dementia.Int J Geriatr Psychiatry. 2010; 25: 14-22
- Evaluation of special and traditional dementia care in nursing homes: Results from a cross-sectional study in Germany.Int J Geriatr Psychiatry. 2010; 25: 1159-1167
- Dementia Special Care Units in Residential Care Communities: United States, 2010.NCHS Data Brief No. 134, Hyattsville2013
- Structural characteristics of specialised living units for people with dementia: A cross-sectional study in German nursing homes.Int J Ment Health Syst. 2014; 8: 39
- Review of a decade of dementia special care unit research: Lessons learned and future directions.Alzheimer Care Q. 2001; 2: 10-16
- Use of physical restraints and psychotropic medications in Alzheimer special care units in nursing homes.Am J Public Health. 2000; 90: 92-96
- Is dementia special care really special? A new look at an old question.J Am Geriatr Soc. 2008; 56: 199-205
- Special care units and traditional care in dementia: Relationship with behavior, cognition, functional status and quality of life—A review.Dement Geriatr Cogn Dis Extra. 2013; 3: 360-375
Stadt Hamburg. Vereinbarung über die besondere stationäre Dementenbetreuung in Hamburg. Hamburg: 2012 [updated 01.10.2012]. Available at: http://www.hamburg.de/contentblob/1587896/data/rv-dementenbetreuung.pdf. Accessed August 17, 2015.
Carpenter I, Hirdes JP. Using inter RAI assessment systems to measure and maintain quality of long-term care. OECD Health Policy Studies: OECD Publishing; 2013. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1787/9789264194564-en. Accessed August 17, 2013.
- Case conferences as interventions dealing with the challenging behavior of people with dementia in nursing homes: A systematic review.Int Psychogeriatr. 2012; 24: 1891-1903
- Does case conferencing for people with advanced dementia living in nursing homes improve care outcomes: Evidence from an integrative review?.Int J Nurs Stud. 2013; 50: 1122-1135
- Experiences of nursing staff using dementia-specific case conferences in nursing homes.Am J Alzhiemers Dis Other Demen. 2015; 30: 228-237
- Longitudinal evaluation of dementia care in German nursing homes: The “DemenzMonitor” study protocol.BMC Geriatr. 2013; 13: 123
- Proxy screening tools improve the recognition of dementia in old-age homes: Results of a validation study.Age Ageing. 2007; 36: 549-554
- Assessing the application of non-pharmacological interventions for people with dementia in German nursing homes: Feasibility and content validity of the dementia care questionnaire (DemCare-Q).BMC Res Notes. 2014; 7: 950
- Assessement of older people: Self-maintaining and instrumental activities of daily living.Gerontologist. 1969; 9: 179-186
- Validation of the NPI-Q, a brief clinical form of the Neuropsychiatric Inventory.J Neuropsychiatry Clin Neurosci. 2000; 12: 233-239
- The central role of the propensity score in observational studies for causal effects.Biometrika. 1983; 70: 41-55
- Genetic matching for estimating causal effects: A general multivariate matching method for achieving balance in observational studies.Rev Econ Stat. 2012; (Available at:) (Accessed August 17, 2015)
R Core Team. R: A language and environment for statistical computing. Vienna, Austria: 2015. Available at: http://www.R-project.org/. Accessed September 21, 2015.
- An outreach geriatric medication advisory service in residential aged care: A randomised controlled trial of case conferencing.Age Ageing. 2004; 33: 612-617
The German Center for Neurodegenerative Diseases funded the study.
The authors declare no conflicts of interest.