Do resident case conferences in nursing homes improve care for people with dementia? Do these conferences provide support to care staff engaged in dementia care? What is the most effective organization for such conferences? Does use of structured assessments in case conferences improve care planning? Are nursing homes with dementia-specific care units more likely to use case conferences or use them more effectively than other skilled nursing facilities?
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of the American Medical Directors Association
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Differences in case conferences in dementia specific versus traditional care units in German nursing homes: Results from a cross-sectional study.J Am Med Dir Assoc. 2016; 17: 91.e9-91.e13
- Assessing the application of non-pharmacological interventions for people with dementia in German nursing homes: Feasibility and content validity of the dementia care questionnaire (DemCare-Q).BMC Res Notes. 2014; 7: 950
Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services. Guidance to Surveyors for Long-Term Care Facilities (CMS Publication 100-07, SOM). Available from: https://www.cms.gov/medicare/provider-enrollment-and-certification/guidanceforlawsandregulations/downloads/som107ap_pp_guidelines_ltcf.pdf. Accessed November 4, 2015.
- Effect evaluation of two types of dementia-specific case conferences in German nursing homes (FallDem) using a stepped-wedge design: Study protocol for a randomized controlled trial.Trials. 2014; 15: 319
Published online: November 17, 2015
© 2016 AMDA – The Society for Post-Acute and Long-Term Care Medicine. Published by Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
ScienceDirectAccess this article on ScienceDirect
- Differences in Case Conferences in Dementia Specific vs Traditional Care Units in German Nursing Homes: Results from a Cross-Sectional StudyJournal of the American Medical Directors AssociationVol. 17Issue 1
- PreviewTo investigate differences in the provision and performance of case conferences for people with dementia between dementia special care units (DSCUs) and traditional care units (TCUs) in nursing homes. Because DSCUs employ more staff, we expect the likelihood of the provision of case conferences to be higher in DSCUs.