Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of the American Medical Directors Association
- Home Health Study Report.L&M Policy Research prepared for Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, Washington, DC2011 (HHSM-500–2010–00072C)
- Impact of home care on hospital days: A meta-analysis.Health Serv Res. 1997; 32: 415-432
- Medicare & Medicaid statistical supplement: OIPDA.Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), Baltimore, MD: OIPDA2013
Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS). National health expenditure projections, 2012. Available at: https://www.cms.gov/Research-Statistics-Data-and-Systems/Statistics-Trends-and-Reports/NationalHealthExpendData/. Accessed October 5, 2015.
- The triple aim: Care, health, and cost.Health Aff (Millwood). 2008; 27: 759-769
- Impact of homecare electronic health record on timeliness of clinical documentation, reimbursement, and patient outcomes.Appl Clin Inform. 2014; 5: 445-462
- Using technology to enhance the quality of home health care: Three case studies of health information technology initiatives at the Visiting Nurse Service of New York.J Healthc Qual. 2010; 32: 22-29
- The benefits of health information technology: A review of the recent literature shows predominantly positive results.Health Aff (Millwood). 2011; 30: 464-471
- Use of health information technology in home health and hospice agencies: United States, 2007.J Am Med Inform Assoc. 2010; 17: 389-395
- EHR Payment Incentives for Providers Ineligible for Payment Incentives and Other Funding Study.US Department of Health and Human Services, Washington, DC2013
- The use of electronic health information systems in home care: Facilitators and barriers.Home Healthc Nurse. 2010; 28: 167-181
- Using information technology strategically in home care.Home Healthc Nurse. 1996; 14: 977-983
- Data collection.in: Qualitative Inquiry and Research Design: Choosing Among Five Approaches. 2nd ed. SAGE Publications, Thousand Oaks, CA2007: 125-129
- Using root cause analysis to reduce falls with injury in community settings.Jt Comm J Qual Patient Saf. 2012; 38: 366-374
- North River Press, Great Barrington, MA2012 The Goal: A Process of Ongoing Improvement. Third revised, 25th anniversary edition.
- The Haystack Syndrome: Sifting Information Out of the Data Ocean.North River Press, New York, NY2006
- Root cause analysis reports help identify common factors in delayed diagnosis and treatment of outpatients.Health Aff (Millwood). 2013; 32: 1368-1375
- A root cause analysis project in a medication safety course.Am J Pharm Educ. 2012; 76: 116
Morrison BP, Bird BC. Healthcare process analysis: a methodology for modeling front office and patient care processes in ambulatory health care. In: Proceedings of the 35th conference on Winter simulation: driving innovation. WSC '03. Winter Simulation Conference, 2003, p. 1882–1886. Available at: http://dl.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=1030818.1031078. Accessed April 29, 2013.
- Integration of health care process analysis in the design of a clinical information system: Applying to the blood transfusion process.Proc AMIA Symp. 2000; : 824-828
- A tutorial on activity-based costing of electronic health records.Qual Manag Health Care. 2010; 19: 86-89
- Activity-based costing and management in a hospital-based GI unit.Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2011; 9: 947-949.e1
- Activity-based costing methodology as tool for costing in hematopathology laboratory.Indian J Pathol Microbiol. 2010; 53: 68-74
- Activity-based costing evaluation of a (18)[F]-fludeoxyglucose positron emission tomography study.Health Policy. 2009; 92: 234-343
- Activity-based costs of blood transfusions in surgical patients at four hospitals.Transfusion. 2010; 50: 753-765
- Outcome analysis of a pharmacist-managed anticoagulation service.Pharmacotherapy. 1995; 15: 732-739
- Analyzing Costs, Procedures, Processes, and Outcomes in Human Services: An Introduction.SAGE Publications, Thousand Oaks, CA1996
- Thyer B. The Handbook of Social Work Research Methods. 2nd ed. SAGE Publications, Thousand Oaks, CA2009
- Radical process innovation using information technology: The theory, the practice and the future of reengineering.Int J Inf Manag. 1995; 15: 253-269
- Qualitative data analysis for applied policy research.in: Bryman A. Burgess R.G. Analysing Qualitative Data. Routledge, London, United Kingdom1994: 173-194
- Qualitative Research Practice: A Guide for Social Science Students and Researchers.SAGE Publications, London, United Kingdom2003
- Qualitative data analysis: The framework approach.Nurse Res. 2011; 18: 52-62
- Framework analysis: A qualitative methodology for applied policy research.Journal of Administration & Governance. 2009; 4: 72-79
- Using the framework method for the analysis of qualitative data in multi-disciplinary health research.BMC Med Res Methodol. 2013; 13: 117
- Evaluation of the Modern Matron Role in a Sample of NHS Trusts.The Royal College of Nursing Institute and The University of Sheffield School of Nursing and Midwifery, Sheffield, UK2004
- Bridging the language barrier: The use of interpreters in primary care nursing.Health Soc Care Community. 2004; 12: 407-413
- Care Plus.The University of Sheffield, Sheffield, UK2002
104th Congress of the US. The health insurance portability and accountability act (HIPAA), 1996.
Axxess, Inc. Axxess Home Health Solutions, 2015. Available at: http://axxess.com/. November 12, 2015.
Allscripts. Allscripts Homecare, 2015. Available at: http://www.allscripts.com/en/solutions/post-acute-solutions/homecare/show/homehealth.html. November 12, 2015.
McKessin Corp. McKessin Homecare, 2015. Available at: http://www.mckesson.com/en_us/McKesson.com/For%2BHealthcare%2BProviders/Home%2BCare/Home%2BCare.html. November 12, 2015.
Allegheny Software Publishers, Inc. Allegheny Home Healthcare, 2015. Available at: http://alleghenysoftware.com/. November 12, 2015.
Health Level Seven. Clinical Document Architecture, 2015. Available at: http://www.hl7.org/implement/standards/product_brief.cfm?product_id=7. November 12, 2015.
Health Level Seven. Health Level Seven International, 2015. Available at: http://hl7.org/. November 12, 2015.
Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS). Home Health Compare, 2015. Available at: https://data.medicare.gov/data/home-health-compare. November 12, 2015.
The authors declare no conflicts of interest.
This study was funded by grant R03HS022352 from the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality. The content is solely the responsibility of the authors and does not necessarily represent the official views of the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality.