Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of the American Medical Directors Association
- Person-centered care for nursing home residents: The culture-change movement.Health Aff. 2010; 29: 312-317
- Culture change and nursing home quality of care.Gerontologist. 2014; 54: S35-S45
- Resident outcomes of person-centered care in long-term care: A narrative review of interventional research.Int J Nurs Stud. 2014; 51: 1395-1415
- What is nursing home quality and how is it measured?.Gerontologist. 2010; 50: 426-442
Doll G, Cornelison L, Rath H, Syme ML. Actualizing culture change: The Promoting Excellent Alternatives in Kansas nursing homes (PEAK 2.0) program. Psychol Serv 2017;14:307-315.
- Does the introduction of nursing home culture change practices improve quality?.J Am Geriatr Soc. 2014; 62: 1675-1682
- A concept analysis of person-centered care.J Holist Nurs. 2011; 30: 6-15
- The nursing home five star rating: How does it compare to resident and family views of care?.Gerontologist. 2014; 56: 234-242
- Honoring the everyday preferences of nursing home residents: Perceived choice and satisfaction with care.Gerontologist. 2017; 57: 479-486
- Resident satisfaction with long-term care services.J Aging Soc Policy. 2007; 19: 1-8
- Capturing the voices of consumers in long-term care: If you ask them they will tell.in: Kunkel S. Wellin V. Consumer Voice and Choice in Long-term Care. 1st ed. Springer, New York2006
- The role of consumer satisfaction in ensuring quality in long-term care.J Aging Soc Policy. 2007; 19: 43-61
- A review of satisfaction instruments used in long-term care settings.J Aging Soc Policy. 2007; 19: 9-41
- Effects of person-centered care on residents and staff in aged-care facilities: A systematic review.Clin Interv Aging. 2013; 8: 1-10
- Resident-centered care in 10 US nursing homes: Residents’ perspectives.J Nurs Scholarsh. 2017; 49: 6-14
- Resident outcomes in small-house nursing homes: A longitudinal evaluation of the initial Green House program.J Am Geriatr Soc. 2007; 55: 832-839
- Effects of Green House nursing homes on residents’ families.Health Care Financ Rev. 2008; 30: 35-51
Grant LA, Hernandez M, Davern M, et al. 2006 National Survey of Resident and Family Satisfaction in Nursing Facilities: Two years of data focus on quality of life, care and service. My InnerView Inc.; 2007.
Kansas Department for Aging and Disability Services, KS Resident 2013 Fac scores, Kansas Department for Aging and Disability Services, 2013.
Kansas Department for Aging and Disability Services, KS Resident 2014 Fac scores, Kansas Department for Aging and Disability Services, 2014.
Kansas Department for Aging and Disability Services, KS Resident 2015 Fac scores, Kansas Department for Aging and Disability Services, 2015.
Kansas Department for Aging and Disability Services, Levels_Stages_2012-2015, Kansas Department for Aging and Disability Services, 2012-2015.
Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, Draft Minimum Data Set, version 3.0 (MDS 3.0), Research Data Assistance Center, 2013-2015.
Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, MasterDeficiencies_2012-2013, Nursing Home Compare, 2012-2013.
Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, MasterDeficiencies_2013-2014, Nursing Home Compare, 2013-2014.
Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, MasterDeficiencies_2014-2015, Nursing Home Compare, 2014-2015.
US Census Bureau, PctUrbanRural_County, US Census Bureau website, 2010.
My InnerView, Inc. Customer satisfaction tools for skilled nursing facilities. My InnerView Inc.; 2009.
- Quality of care in for-profit and not-for-profit nursing homes: Systematic review and meta-analysis.BMJ. 2009; 339: b2732
- Driven to tiers: Socioeconomic and racial disparities in the quality of nursing home care.Milbank Q. 2004; 82: 227-256
- The relationship between nurse staffing and quality of care in nursing homes: A systematic review.Int J Nurs Stud. 2011; 48: 732-750
- MICE: Multivariate Imputation by Chained Equations in R.J Stat Softw. 2011; 45: 1-67
- Propensity Score Matching, Adjustment and Randomized Experiments.SAS Institute, Cary, NC2012
- Propensity score techniques and the assessment of measured covariate balance to test causal associations in psychological research.Psychol Methods. 2010; 15: 234-249
- Propensity score estimation with boosted regression for evaluating causal effects in observational studies.Psychol Methods. 2004; 9: 403-425
- Beta regression for modelling rates and proportions.J Stat Softw. 2010; 4: 1-18
- A better lemon squeezer? Maximum-likelihood regression with beta-distributed dependent variables.Psychol Methods. 2006; 11: 1-16
- Person-centered care practices and quality in Department of Veterans Affairs nursing homes: Is there a relationship?.Med Care. 2013; 51: 165-171
- What matters most to nursing home elders: Quality of life in the nursing home.J Am Med Dir Assoc. 2012; 13: 48-53
- Factors influencing residents’ satisfaction in residential aged care.Gerontologist. 2003; 43: 459-472
- Continuing education for staff in long-term care facilities: Corporate philosophies and approaches.J Contin Educ Nurs. 2001; 32: 68-76
- Family satisfaction with nursing home care: The role of facility characteristics and resident quality-of-life scores.Res Aging. 2015; : 1-25
- The impact of culture change on elders’ behavioral symptoms: A longitudinal study.J Am Med Dir Assoc. 2012; 13: 522-528
- The Kansas PEAK 2.0 program facilitates the diffusion of culture-change innovation to unlikely adopters.Gerontologist. 2017; ([published online])https://doi.org/10.1093/geront/gnw210
- Consumer satisfaction in long-term care: State initiatives in nursing homes and assisted living facilities.Gerontologist. 2003; 43: 883-896
The authors declare no conflicts of interest.
This work was funded by the Retirement Research Foundation (grant number 2015-060 ). They initially approved the methodology and data sources, but had no other part in the work presented in this manuscript, nor in the decision to submit.