Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of the American Medical Directors Association
- Australia to 2050: Future challenges.(Commonwealth of Australia, Capital Hill, ACT. Available at:)Accessed September 8, 2017)
- Costs of care for people with dementia just before and after nursing home placement: Primary data from eight European countries.Eur J Health Econ. 2015; 16: 689-707
- The desire to age in place among older Australians. AIHW bulletin no. 114. Cat. no. AUS 169.AIHW, Canberra2013 (Available at:)Accessed May 17, 2017)
- Effects of person-centered care on residents and staff in aged-care facilities: A systematic review.Clin Intervent Aging. 2013; 8: 1-10
Aged Care (Living Longer Living Better) Bill 2013 (Cth).
- Consumer directed care in Australia: Early perceptions and experiences of staff, clients and carers.Health Soc Care Community. 2017; 25: 478-491
- Choice, competition and care–Developments in English social care and the impacts on providers and older users of home care services.Soc Policy Adm. 2015; 49: 649-664
- Predicting nursing home admission in the US: A meta-analysis.BMC Geriatr. 2007; 7: 13
- Transitions in living arrangements of Canadian seniors: Findings from the NPHS longitudinal data.Social Sci Med. 2009; 68: 1106-1113
- Volume of home-and community-based services and time to nursing-home placement.Medicare Medicaid Res Rev. 2011; 2: E1-E21
- Older adults' home-and community-based care service use and residential transitions: A longitudinal study.BMC Geriatr. 2012; 12: 44
- Predicting nursing home placement among home-and community-based services program participants.Am J Manage Care. 2013; 20: e535-e536
- Impact of home and community-based services on hospitalisation and institutionalisation among individuals eligible for long-term care insurance in Japan.BMC Health Serv Res. 2010; 10: 345
- Issues facing aged care services in rural and remote Australia. Aged and Community Services Australia.2013 (Available at:)https://www.parliament.nsw.gov.au/committees/DBAssets/InquiryOther/Transcript/9768/Issues%20facing%20aged%20care%20services%20in%20rural%20and%20remote%20Australia.pdf(Accessed September 8, 2017)
- Empirical aspects of record linkage across multiple data sets using statistical linkage keys: The experience of the PIAC cohort study.BMC Health Serv Res. 2010; 10: 41
- Information management in the Australian aged care setting: An integrative review.Health Inf Manage J. 2017; 46: 3-14
Australian Bureau of Statistics. Australian demographic statistics, June 2016. Cat. no. 3101.0. Canberra: ABS.
- Carelink+ Community Care Software and Solutions.(Available at:)Accessed September 8, 2017)
- Implementing information and communication technology to support community aged care service integration: Lessons from an Australian aged care provider.Int J Integrated Care. 2017; 17: 1-13
- A note on quantifying follow-up in studies of failure time.Control Clin Trials. 1996; 17: 343-346
- Cubic Clustering Criterion. SAS Technical Report A-108.SAS Institute Inc, Cary, NC1983
- Revisiting the behavioral model and access to medical care: Does it matter?.J Health Social Behav. 1995; 36: 1-10
Australian Bureau of Statistics. Australian Statistical Geography Standard (ASGS): Correspondences, July 2011. Cat. no. 1270.0.55.006. Canberra: ABS.
- The Australian Community Care Needs Assessment (ACCNA): Towards a national standard.Centre for Health Service Development, University of Wollongong, Wollongong2007 (Available at:)Accessed September 8, 2017)
- A proportional hazards model for the subdistribution of a competing risk.J Am Stat Assoc. 1999; 94: 496-509
- Prognosis and prognostic research: Developing a prognostic model.Br Med J. 2009; 338: b604
Australian Institute of Health and Welfare. Residential aged care and Home Care 2014–15. Cat. no. WEB 133. 2016. Canberra: AIHW.
- The national channeling demonstration: What we knew, know now, and still need to know.Health Serv Res. 1988; 23: 175-187
- Effects and costs of day-care services for the chronically ill: A randomized experiment.Med Care. 1980; 8: 567-584
- The evaluation of the National Long Term Care Demonstration. 7. The effect of channeling on the use of nursing homes, hospitals, and other medical services.Health Serv Res. 1988; 23: 119-127
- Risk of nursing home admission among older americans: Does states' spending on home-and community-based services matter?.J Gerontol Ser B Psychol Sci Social Sci. 2007; 62: S169-S178
- Health, social and lifestyle factors in entry to residential aged care: An Australian longitudinal analysis.Age Ageing. 2010; 39: 342-349
- Why the nation needs a policy push on patient-centered health care.Health Affairs. 2010; 29: 1489-1495
- Re-shaping social care services for older people in England: Policy development and the problem of achieving “good care”.J Social Policy. 2014; 43: 1-18
This work was supported by an Australian Research Council Linkage Grant (LP120200814) undertaken in partnership with Uniting. The study was approved by the Macquarie University Human Research Ethics committee (Reference No: 5201401031) who waivered participant written consent.