Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of the American Medical Directors Association
- Gerontological nurse practitioners: Implications for the future.J Gerontol Nurs. 2005; 31: 19-24
- Effects of a geriatric nurse practitioner on processed and outcomes of nursing home care.Am J Public Health. 1989; 79: 1271-1277
- Value-added outcomes; The use of advanced practice nurses in long-term care facilities.Gerontologist. 2000; 40: 654-662
- Care of nursing home residents by advanced practice nurses: A review of the literature.Res Gerontol Nurs. 2008; 1: 1-9
- What is nursing home quality and how is it measured?.Gerontologist. 2010; 50: 426-442
- MDS 3.0 quality measures user’s manual.2017https://www.cms.gov/Medicare/Quality-Initiatives-Patient-Assessment-Instruments/NursingHomeQualityInits/Downloads/MDS-30-QM-Users-Manual-V11-Final.pdf(Accessed November 26, 2017)
- Initiative to test a multidisciplinary model with advanced practice nurses to reduce avoidable hospitalizations among nursing facility residents.J Nurs Care Quality. 2014; 29: 1-8
- Initiative to reduced avoidable hospitalizations among nursing facility residents shows promising results.Health Affairs. 2017; 36: 441-450
- Successfully reducing hospitalizations of nursing home residents: Results of the Missouri Quality Initiative.J Am Med Direc Assoc. 2017; 18: 960-966
- Metric and Euclidean properties of dissimilarity coefficients.J Classification. 1986; 3: 5-48
- Development and testing of nursing home quality indicators.Health Care Financing Rev. 1995; 16: 107-127
Rantz MJ, Popejoy L, Vogelsmeier A, et al. Lessons learned from MOQI Initiative to reduce avoidable hospitalizations and improve quality in nursing homes with APRNs and interdisciplinary support. Submitted to Journal of Nursing Care Quality. (In press).
- The Interventions to Reduce Acute Care Transfers (INTERACT) quality improvement program: An overview for medical directors and primary care clinicians in long-term care.J Am Med Dir Assoc. 2014; 15: 162-170
- A systematic review of the effectiveness of advanced practice nurses in long-term care.J Adv Nurs. 2013; 69: 2148-2161
- Call to action: APRNs in US nursing homes to improve care and reduce costs.Submitted to Nurs Outlook. 2017; 65: 689-696
- Evaluation of the initiative to reduce avoidable hospitalizations among nursing facility residents: Annual report project year 4.(Available at:)https://innovation.cms.gov/Files/reports/irahnfr-finalyrfourevalrpt.pdfDate: 2017Date accessed: April 14, 2017
- Nursing home quality, cost, staffing, and staff-mix.Gerontologist. 2004; 44: 24-38
- Nursing home costs and quality of care outcomes.Nurs Economic. 2004; 224: 178-192
- The High Cost of Poor Care: The Financial Case for Prevention in American Nursing Homes.The National Consumer Voice for Quality Long-Term Care, formerly NCCNHR, Washington, DC2001 (Available at: http://theconsumervoice.org/uploads/files/issues/The-High-Cost-of-Poor-Care.pdf; 2001. Accessed November 26, 2017)
- The relationship between quality of care and costs in nursing homes.Am J Med Qual. 2006; 21: 40-48
This project is supported by grant number 1E1CMS331080 from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid (CMS) Innovations Center and Medicare-Medicaid Coordination Office (http://innovation.cms.gov/initiatives/rahnfr/), which is focused on improving care and outcomes for Medicare-Medicaid enrollees residing in nursing facilities. The content is solely the responsibility of the authors and does not necessarily represent the official views of CMS.
The authors declare no conflicts of interest.