During JAMDA's first 15 years of publication, it was the Journal of the American Medical Directors Association. In 2014, JAMDA was renamed the Journal of Post-Acute and Long-Term Care Medicine, better reflecting the breadth of the long-term care spectrum and the involvement of nurse practitioners, physician assistants, and other members of the interdisciplinary care team.
1As the new editors-in-chief of JAMDA, we heartily endorse this evolution to a broader perspective of post-acute and long-term care (PA/LTC) medicine.
- Stefannaci R.G.
AMDA, much more than a rose by another name.
J Am Med Dir Assoc. 2015; 16: 172
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of the American Medical Directors Association
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- AMDA, much more than a rose by another name.J Am Med Dir Assoc. 2015; 16: 172
- JAMDA maintains excellent impact factor.J Am Med Dir Assoc. 2017; 18: 737-740
- The future of long-term care.J Am Med Dir Assoc. 2017; 18: 1-7
- Geriatric syndromes in hospitalized older adults discharged to skilled nursing facilities.J Am Geriatr Soc. 2016; 64: 715-722
- Geriatric syndromes and their implications for nursing.Nursing. 2013; 43: 1-3
- Not just specific diseases: Systematic review of the association of geriatric syndromes with hospitalization or nursing home admission.Arch Gerontol Geriatr. 2013; 57: 16-26
- Geriatric syndromes: Clinical, research, and policy implications of a core geriatric concept.J Am Geriatr Soc. 2007; 55: 780-791
- The association between geriatric syndromes and survival.J Am Geriatr Soc. 2012; 60: 896-904
- Geriatric syndromes and incident disability in older women: Results from the women's health initiative observational study.J Am Geriatr Soc. 2013; 61: 371-379
- Sarcopenia in Asia: Consensus report of the Asian Working Group for Sarcopenia.J Am Med Dir Assoc. 2014; 15: 95-101
- Frailty consensus: A call to action.J Am Med Dir Assoc. 2013; 14: 392-397
- Frailty: An emerging geriatric syndrome.Am J Med. 2007; 120: 748-753
- The anorexia of aging: Is it a geriatric syndrome?.J Am Med Dir Assoc. 2010; 11: 153-156
- Urinary incontinence: A neglected geriatric syndrome in nursing facilities.J Am Med Dir Assoc. 2008; 9: 29-35
- Instruments to assess sarcopenia and physical frailty in older people living in a community (care) setting: Similarities and discrepancies.J Am Med Dir Assoc. 2015; 16: 301-308
- Could self-neglect in older adults be a geriatric syndrome?.J Am Geriatr Soc. 2006; 54: 831-842
- Feasibility of quality indicators for the management of geriatric syndromes in nursing home residents.J Am Med Dir Assoc. 2004; 5: 310-319
- The Global Observatory for Ageing and Dementia Care, King's College London, UK World Alzheimer Report 2015, The global impact of dementia: An analysis of prevalence, incidence, cost and trends.(Available at:)https://www.alz.co.uk/research/WorldAlzheimerReport2015.pdfDate accessed: October 31, 2017
- The importance of physician presence in nursing homes for residents with dementia and pneumonia.J Am Med Dir Assoc. 2011; 12: 68-73
- Prevalence and medication management of dementia by a medical practice providing onsite care in assisted living.J Am Med Dir Assoc. 2016; 17: 673.e9-673.e15
- 2016 Alzheimer's disease facts and figures.Alzheimers Dement. 2016; 12 (Available at:): 459-509https://www.alz.org/documents_custom/2016-facts-and-figures.pdfDate accessed: October 31, 2017
- Moving evidence into practice by innovating care delivery.(Available at:)https://www.ahrq.gov/news/blog/ahrqviews/moving-evidence-into-practice.htmlDate accessed: October 31, 2017
- Reenvisioning clinical science: Unifying the discipline to improve the public health.Clin Psychol Sci. 2014; 2: 22-34
- Integrated payment and delivery models offer opportunities and challenges for residential care facilities.Health Aff (Millwood). 2015; 34: 1650-1656
- Physician practice in post-acute and long-term care: Determining the “value proposition”.J Am Med Dir Assoc. 2015; 16: 728-730
Published online: November 28, 2017
© 2017 AMDA - The Society for Post-Acute and Long-Term Care Medicine.