- Dementia prevalence and care in assisted living.Health Aff (Millwood). 2014; 33: 658-666
- The Maryland Assisted Living Study: Prevalence, recognition, and treatment of dementia and other psychiatric disorders in the assisted living population of central Maryland.J Am Geriatr Soc. 2004; 52: 1618-1625
- Prevalence and medication management of dementia by a medical practice providing onsite care in assisted living.J Am Med Dir Assoc. 2016; 17: 673.e9-673.e15
- Long-term care providers and services users in the United States: Data from the National Study of Long-Term Care Providers, 2013-2014.National Center for Health Statistics, Vital Health Stat2016 (pgs. 41, xi)
- Physician perspectives on medical care delivery in assisted living.J Am Geriatr Soc. 2011; 59: 2326-2331
- Infection prevention and control standards in assisted living facilities: Are residents' needs being met?.J Am Med Dir Assoc. 2014; 15: 47-53
- Disability and Health: ICF.World Health Organization, Geneva2001: 1-25
- Nursing home physician specialists: A response to the workforce crisis in long term care.Ann Intern Med. 2009; 150: 411-413
- How good is assisted living? Findings and implications from an outcomes study.J Gerontol B Psychol Sci Soc Sci. 2005; 60: 195-204
- Has the time come for salaried physicians?.J Am Med Dir Assoc. 2012; 13: 673-674
The authors have no conflicts of interest to report.
The opinions expressed in this editorial are solely those of the authors and are meant to promote dialogue around a complex and rapidly evolving topic. It does not represent an official position of AMDA–The Society for Post-Acute and Long-Term Care Medicine.