Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of the American Medical Directors Association
World Alzheimer Report 2015: The Global Impact of Dementia. London, England: Alzheimer’s Disease International; 2015.
- Risk of dementia in diabetes mellitus: A systematic review.Lancet Neurol. 2006; 5: 64-74
- Diabetes and the risk of multisystem aging phenotypes: A systematic review and meta-analysis.PloS One. 2009; 4: e4144
- Diabetes as a risk factor for dementia and mild cognitive impairment: A meta-analysis of longitudinal studies.Intern Med J. 2012; 42: 484-491
- Pathologies associées, états de santé et traitements des personnes diabétiques en France: Les données du Sniiram 2011.Bull Epidémiol Hebd. 2014; : 507-514
- Epidemiology of multimorbidity and implications for health care, research, and medical education: A cross-sectional study.Lancet Lond Engl. 2012; 380: 37-43
- Comorbidity and dementia: A scoping review of the literature.BMC Med. 2014; 12: 192
- Symptom patterns and comorbidity in the early stages of Alzheimer’s disease.J Am Geriatr Soc. 1994; 42: 517-521
- Undiagnosed diseases in patients with dementia—A potential target group for intervention.Dement Geriatr Cogn Disord. 2004; 18: 321-329
- Medical comorbidity in black and white patients with Alzheimer’s disease.South Med J. 2004; 97: 2-6
- Population-based study of medical comorbidity in early dementia and “cognitive impairment, no dementia (CIND)”: Association with functional and cognitive impairment: The Cache County Study.Am J Geriatr Psychiatry. 2005; 13: 656-664
- Comorbidity profile of dementia patients in primary care: are they sicker?.J Am Geriatr Soc. 2006; 54: 104-109
- Demented versus non-demented very old inpatients: the same comorbidities but poorer functional and nutritional status.Age Ageing. 2008; 37: 83-89
- Prevalence of coexisting diseases in patients with Alzheimer’s disease.Geriatr Gerontol Int. 2010; 10: 216-217
- Alzheimer’s disease and co-morbidity: increased prevalence and possible risk factors of excess mortality in a naturalistic 7-year follow-up.Eur Psychiatry J. 2013; 28: 40-48
- Survival of people with clinical diagnosis of dementia in primary care: Cohort study.BMJ. 2010; 341: c3584
- Multimorbidity and comorbidity in the Dutch population–Data from general practices.BMC Public Health. 2012; 12: 715
- Self-management and patient understanding of diabetes in the older person.Diabet Med. 2011; 28: 117-122
- The relationship between cognitive impairment and diabetes self-management in a population-based community sample of older adults with type 2 diabetes.J Behav Med. 2012; 35: 190-199
- The impact of comorbid chronic conditions on diabetes care.Diabetes Care. 2006; 29: 725-731
American Diabetes Association. Standards of Medical Care in Diabetes-2016, 2016.
- Diabetes and dementia in older people: A Best Clinical Practice Statement by a multidisciplinary National Expert Working Group.Diabet Med J Br Diabet Assoc. 2014; 31: 1024-1031
- Comorbidity and the utilization of health care for Australian veterans with diabetes.Diabet Med J. 2010; 27: 65-71
- Receipt of monitoring of diabetes mellitus in older adults with comorbid dementia.J Am Geriatr Soc. 2012; 60: 644-651
- Under-provision of medical care for vascular diseases for people with dementia in primary care: A cross-sectional review. Br J Gen Pract J R Coll Gen Pract.. 2013; 63: e88-e96
- Are patients with dementia treated as well as patients without dementia for hypertension, diabetes, and hyperlipidaemia? Br J Gen Pract J R Coll Gen Pract.. 2010; 60: 671-674
- Multimorbidity is associated with better quality of care among vulnerable elders.Med Care. 2007; 45: 480-488
- French health insurance databases: What interest for medical research?.Rev Med Interne. 2015; 36: 411-417
Polton D, Ricordeau P. Le SNIIR-AM et les bases de données de l’Assurance Maladie en 2011. 2011.
- Use of lipid-lowering drugs in older adults with and without dementia: A community-based epidemiological study.J Am Geriatr Soc. 2002; 50: 1852-1856
- The impact of dementia on influenza vaccination uptake in community and care home residents.Age Ageing. 2012; 41: 64-69
- Dementia associates with under medication of cardiovascular diseases in the elderly: A population-based study.Dement Geriatr Cogn Disord. 2006; 22: 132-141
- Care and outcomes in patients with ischemic stroke with and without preexisting dementia.Neurology. 2011; 77: 1664-1673
- Assessing the French Alzheimer plan.Lancet Lond Engl. 2014; 383: 1805
- General practitioner’s clinical practices, difficulties and educational needs to manage Alzheimer’s disease in France: Analysis of national telephone-inquiry data.BMC Fam Pract. 2013; 14: 81
- Effects of nursing home residency on diabetes care in individuals with dementia: An explorative analysis based on German claims data.Dement Geriatr Cogn Disord Extra. 2017; 7: 41-51
- Risk of hospitalization for hypoglycemia among older Korean people with diabetes mellitus: Interactions between treatment modalities and comorbidities.Medicine (Baltimore). 2016; 95: e5016
- High rate of hypoglycemia in 6770 type 2 diabetes patients with comorbid dementia: A multicenter cohort study on 215,932 patients from the German/Austrian diabetes registry.Diabetes Res Clin Pract. 2016; 112: 73-81
- Correlates of delayed referral for the diagnosis of dementia in an outpatient population.J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci. 2000; 55: M98-M102
- Patterns of care in the early stages of Alzheimer’s disease: Impediments to timely diagnosis.J Am Geriatr Soc. 2000; 48: 300-304
- Effectiveness of a specific care plan in patients with Alzheimer’s disease: Cluster randomised trial (PLASA study).BMJ. 2010; 340: c2466
This study was funded by a grant from Toulouse University Hospital (local bidding, AOL 2016).
The authors declare no conflicts of interest.