Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of the American Medical Directors Association
- Sarcopenia: The new definitions.Curr Opin Clin Nutr Metab Care. 2015; 18: 1-4
- Prevalence of and interventions for sarcopenia in ageing adults: A systematic review. Report of the international sarcopenia initiative (EWGSOP and IWGS).Age Ageing. 2014; 43: 748-759
- Prevalence of sarcopenia in geriatric hospitalized patients.J Am Med Dir Assoc. 2014; 15: 267-272
- Sarcopenia: The target population.J Frailty Aging. 2013; 2: 55-56
- Sarcopenia: A clinical review.Rev Clin Gerontol. 2013; 23: 267-274
- Burden-of-illness of Dutch community-dwelling older adults with sarcopenia: Health related outcomes and costs.Eur Geriatr Med. 2016; 7: 276-284
Goates S, Du K, Arensberg ME, et al. Cost burden of sarcopenia associated hospitalization in adults by age and race/ethnicity. Value in health 2017; Conference: ISPOR 22nd Annual European Congress. United States. 0 (5) (pp A288).
- Validating the SARC-F: A suitable community screening tool for sarcopenia?.J Am Med Dir Assoc. 2014; 15: 630-634
- Enhancing SARC-F: Improving sarcopenia screening in the clinical practice.J Am Med Dir Assoc. 2016; 17: 1136-1141
- SARC-F: A simple questionnaire to rapidly diagnose sarcopenia.J Am Med Dir Assoc. 2013; 14: 531-532
- Sarcopenia: European consensus on definition and diagnosis: Report of the European working group on sarcopenia in older people.Age Ageing. 2010; 39: 412-423
- Sarcopenia in Asia: Consensus report of the Asian working group for sarcopenia.J Am Med Dir Assoc. 2014; 15: 95-101
- Sarcopenia: An undiagnosed condition in older adults. Current consensus definition: Prevalence, etiology, and consequences. International working group on sarcopenia.J Am Med Dir Assoc. 2011; 12: 249-256
- The FNIH sarcopenia project: Rationale, study description, conference recommendations, and final estimates.J Gerontol Ser A Biol Sci Med Sci. 2014; 69: 547-558
- Measuring diagnostic and predictive accuracy in disease management: An introduction to receiver operating characteristic (ROC) analysis.J Eval Clin Pract. 2006; 12: 132-139
- Comparing the areas under two or more correlated receiver operating characteristic curves: A nonparametric approach.Biometrics. 1988; 44: 837-845
- Sarcopenia with limited mobility: An international consensus.J Am Med Dir Assoc. 2011; 12: 403-409
- Consensus definition of sarcopenia, cachexia and pre-cachexia: Joint document elaborated by special interest groups (SIG) “cachexia-anorexia in chronic wasting diseases” and “nutrition in geriatrics”.Clin Nutr. 2010; 29: 154-159
- Sarcopenia: Prevalence and associated factors based on different suggested definitions in community-dwelling older adults.Geriatr Gerontol Int. 2016; 16: 110-122
- Comparisons of sarcopenia prevalence based on different diagnostic criteria in Chinese older adults.J Nutri Health Aging. 2015; 19: 342-347
- Development of a Japanese version of the SARC-F for diabetic patients: An examination of reliability and validity.Aging Clin Exp Res. 2017; 29: 935-942
- Cross-cultural adaptation and validation of the Spanish-language version of the SARC-F to assess sarcopenia in Mexican community-dwelling older adults.J Am Med Dir Assoc. 2016; 17: 1142-1146
- Sarcopenia screened with SARC-F questionnaire is associated with quality of life and 4-year mortality.J Am Med Dir Assoc. 2016; 17: 1129-1135
- SARC-F: A symptom score to predict persons with sarcopenia at risk for poor functional outcomes.J Cachexia Sarcopenia Muscle. 2016; 7: 28-36
- Basis for sarcopenia screening with the SARC-CalF in nursing homes.J Am Med Dir Assoc. 2017; 18 (e5–e10): 991
- Assessing the risk of sarcopenia in the elderly: The mini sarcopenia risk assessment (MSRA) questionnaire.J Nutri Health Aging. 2017; 21: 743-749
Van Harmelen R, Verreijen AM, Weijs PJ. Sensitivity and specificity of BIA versus dexa for assessment of low appendicular skeletal muscle mass in the diagnosis of sarcopenic obesity. Clin Nutr. 2002;7:1.
This study was supported by the Sichuan Medical Association (No. S17054). The sponsor had no role in the design, methods, data collection, analysis or preparation of the manuscript.
The authors declare no conflicts of interest.