Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of the American Medical Directors Association
- Systematic review of interdisciplinary interventions in nursing homes.J Am Med Dir Assoc. 2013; 14: 471-478
- Interventions to reduce inappropriate prescribing of antipsychotic medications in people with dementia resident in care homes: A systematic review.J Am Med Dir Assoc. 2014; 15: 706-718
- Effects of changes in number of medications and drug burden index exposure on transitions between frailty states and death: The Concord Health and Ageing in Men Project Cohort Study.J Am Geriatr Soc. 2016; 64: 89-95
- Frailty in nursing homes: The FRAIL-NH Scale.J Am Med Dir Assoc. 2015; 16: 87-89
- FRAIL-NH predicts outcomes in long term care.J Nutr Health Aging. 2016; 20: 192-198
- Frailty levels in residential aged care facilities measured using the frailty index and FRAIL-NH scale.J Am Geriatr Soc. 2016; 64: e207-e212
Theou O, Sluggett JK, Bell JS, et al. Frailty, hospitalization, and mortality in residential aged care. J Gerontol Bio Med Sci In press.
- Predicting adverse health outcomes in nursing homes: A 9-year longitudinal study and development of the FRAIL-Minimum Data Set (MDS) Quick Screening Tool.J Am Med Dir Assoc. 2015; 16: 1042-1047
- Adverse effects of pneumonia on physical functioning in nursing home residents: Results from the INCUR study.Arch Gerontol Geriatr. 2016; 65: 116-121
- Incidence and economical effects of pneumonia in the older population living in French nursing homes: Design and methods of the INCUR study.BMC Public Health. 2013; 13: 86
- Frailty Index and mortality in Nursing Home Residents in France: Results from the INCUR Study.J Am Med Dir Assoc. 2015; 16: 603-606
Hockley, J. Developing High Quality End-of-Life Care in Nursing Homes: An Action Research Study. Unpublished Thesis, University of Edinburgh, 2006.
- Promoting end-of-life care in nursing homes using an “integrated care pathway for the last days of life”.J Res Nurs. 2005; 10: 135-152
- As individual as death itself: A focus group study of terminal care in nursing homes.J Palliat Med. 2002; 5: 117-125
- Obstacles to palliation and end-of life care in a long-term care facility.Gerontologist. 2002; 42: 342-349
- Barriers to implementing an integrated care pathway for the last days of life in nursing homes.Int J Palliat Nurs. 2006; 12: 234-240
- Evaluation of an advance care planning education programme for nursing homes: A longitudinal study.Nurse Educ Today. 2015; 35: 689-695
This work did not receive any specific grants from funding agencies in the public, commercial, or not-for- profit sectors. The INCUR project was supported by Pfizer. The sponsor had no role in the development of the present study.