Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of the American Medical Directors Association
Long-Term Care Facility Resident Assessment Instrument 3.0 User’s Manual, version 1.15. Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, 2017.
- Finding Gertrude: The resident's voice in Minimum Data Set 3.0.J Am Med Dir Assoc. 2014; 15: 802-806
Tilly J, Reed P. Dementia care practice recommendations for assisted living residences and nursing homes. Alzheimer’s Association, 2006.
Tilly J, Reed P, Gould E, Fok A. Dementia Care Practice Recommendations for Assisted Living Residences and Nursing Homes. Phase 3: End-of-Life Care. Alzheimer’s Association, 2007.
- Vital conversations with family in the nursing home: Preparation for end-stage dementia care.J Soc Work End Life Palliat Care. 2014; 10: 112-126
- Patients with dementia involving families to maximize nursing care.J Gerontol Nurs. 1992; 18: 19-25
- Improving the Quality of Care in Nursing Homes.National Academies Press (US) National Academy of Sciences, Washington (DC)1986
Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act 1987 (OBRA 87). Public Law. 1987:100–203.
Levinson D. Nursing Facility Assessments and Care Plans for Residents Receiving Atypical Antipsychotic Drugs, 2012.
- PRagmatic trial of Video Education in Nursing homes: The design and rationale for a pragmatic cluster randomized trial in the nursing home setting.Clin Trials. 2017; 14: 140-151
- The Minimum Data Set 3.0 Cognitive Function Scale.Med Care. 2017; 55: e68-e72
- How can we build skills to transform the healthcare system?.J Res Nurs. 2010; 15: 139-148
- Core functions of nursing home social services departments in the United States.J Am Med Dir Assoc. 2013; 14: 75.e1-75.e7
- State variations in nursing home social worker qualifications.J Gerontol Soc Work. 2008; 51: 379-409
- Nursing home social services directors' opinions about the number of residents they can serve.J Aging Soc Policy. 2010; 22: 33-52
- Predictors of nursing home hospitalization: A review of the literature.Med Care Res Rev. 2008; 65: 3-39
- Effect of do-not-resuscitate orders on hospitalization of nursing home residents evaluated for lower respiratory infections.J Am Geriatr Soc. 2004; 52: 51-58
- End-of-life transitions among nursing home residents with cognitive issues.N Engl J Med. 2011; 365: 1212-1221
- Quality of end-of-life care of long-term nursing home residents with and without dementia.J Am Geriatr Soc. 2013; 61: 1066-1073
- Racial/ethnic differences in caregiving frequency: Does immigrant status matter?.J Gerontol B Psychol Sci Soc Sci. 2016 Aug 29; (pii: gbw106. [Epub ahead of print])
- Family involvement in residential long-term care: A synthesis and critical review.Aging Ment Health. 2005; 9: 105-118
This work is supported by the National Institutes of Health (NIH) Common Fund, through a cooperative agreement (NIA 4UH3AG049619-02) from the Office of Strategic Coordination within the Office of the NIH Director. The views presented here are solely the responsibility of the authors and do not necessarily represent the official views of the National Institutes of Health.
Dr McCreedy is supported by 4T32 HS000011-30 AHRQ “National Research Service Award.”
Dr Mitchell is supported by NIH-NIA K24AG033640.
The authors declare no conflicts of interest.