Main Outcome Measure(s)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of the American Medical Directors Association
- Health and social services institutions. 2018.(Available at:)http://www.msss.gouv.qc.ca/reseau/etablissements.php#chsldDate accessed: January 24, 2018
- Register of residences for elderly. 2007.(Available at:)http://k10.pub.msss.rtss.qc.ca/K10accueil.aspDate accessed: October 23, 2017
- Family-type resources. 2016.(Available at:)http://www.msss.gouv.qc.ca/professionnels/ressources/ri-rtf/Date accessed: October 16, 2017
- Quebec Health and Social Services. Report on incidents and accidents during the delivery of health care services in Quebec. Quebec Health and Social Services, Quebec, Canada2016
- Systematic review of the prevalence of medication errors resulting in hospitalization and death of nursing home residents.J Am Geriatr Soc. 2017; 65: 433-442
- Medication error reporting in nursing homes: Identifying targets for patient safety improvement.Qual Saf Health Care. 2010; 19: 218-222
- Medication errors reported to U.S. Poison control centers, 2000-2012.Clin Toxicol. 2014; 52: 880-888
- Discontinuing inappropriate medication use in nursing home residents: A cluster randomized controlled trial.Ann Intern Med. 2017; 167: 609-617
- The DE-PHARM Project: A pharmacist-driven deprescribing initiative in a nursing facility.Consult Pharm. 2017; 32: 468-478
- Prevalence of inappropriate medication use in residential long-term care facilities for the elderly: A systematic review.Eur J Gen Pract. 2017; 23: 69-77
- 09. Régie de L'assurance Maladie Du Québec 2017.(Available at:)https://www4.prod.ramq.gouv.qc.ca/IST/CD/CDF_DifsnInfoStats/CDF1_CnsulInfoStatsCNC_iut/RappPDF.aspx?TypeImpression=pdf&NomPdf=CCB3R04A_AM09_2016_0_O.PDFDate accessed: October 16, 2017
- Technology and medication errors: Impact in nursing homes.Int J Health Care Qual Assur. 2014; 27: 244-258
- Identifying modifiable barriers to medication error reporting in the nursing home setting.J Am Med Dir Assoc. 2007; 8: 568-574
- Exploratory evaluation of medication classes most commonly involved in nursing home errors.J Am Med Dir Assoc. 2013; 14: 403-408
- Repeat medication errors in nursing homes: Contributing factors and their association with patient harm.Am J Geriatr Pharmacother. 2010; 8: 258-270
- Medication administration errors for older people in long-term residential care.BMC Geriatr. 2011; 11: 82
Medication Incidents Occurring in Long-Term Care. ISMP Canada Safety Bulletin; 2010. p. 1–3. Avaialble at: https://www.ismp-canada.org/download/safetyBulletins/ISMPCSB2010-09-MedIncidentsLTC.pdf. Accessed January 24, 2018.
- Potentially inappropriate medication use in nursing homes: an observational study using the NORGEP-NH criteria.BMC Geriatr. 2017; 17: 220
- Prevalence of potentially inappropriate medication use in older adults living in nursing homes: A systematic review.J Am Med Dir Assoc. 2016; 17: 862.e1-862.e9
- Frailty and potentially inappropriate medication use at nursing home transition.J Am Geriatr Soc. 2017; 65: 2205-2212
- Overdose of atypical antipsychotics: Clinical presentation, mechanisms of toxicity and management.CNS Drugs. 2012; 26: 601-611
- Atypical antipsychotic medication poisoning: An evidence-based consensus guideline for out-of-hospital management.Clin Toxicol. 2007; 45: 918-942
- Antipsychotic clozapine (Clozaril): Myocarditis and cardiovascular toxicity.CMAJ. 2002; 166: 1185-1186
- Clozapine-induced cardiotoxicity: A clinical update.Med J Aust. 2009; 190: 190-192
- Adverse cardiac effects associated with clozapine.J Clin Psychopharmacol. 2005; 25: 32-41
- Patient at Northampton psychiatric hospital died after nurse muddled medication, panel hears. Northampton Chronicle and Echo 2017.(Available at:)https://www.northamptonchron.co.uk/news/patient-at-northampton-psychiatric-hospital-died-after-nurse-muddled-medication-panel-hears-1-8074284Date accessed: January 24, 2018
- Mental health patient given wrong medication. NZ Herald 2015.(Available at:)http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=11421799Date accessed: January 24, 2018
- Case no. 327413.Quebec Coroner's Office, Quebec, Canada2015
The authors declare no conflicts of interest.
Data Availability: The datasets generated during and/or analyzed during the current study are available from the corresponding author on reasonable request.