Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of the American Medical Directors Association
- Epidemiology of the homebound population in the United States.JAMA Intern Med. 2015; 175: 1180-1186
- Systematic review of outcomes from home-based primary care programs for homebound older adults.J Am Geriatr Soc. 2014; 62: 2243-2251
- Bringing the medical home back home in the context of population health—Home-based primary care and home-based palliative care.J Pain Symptom Manage. 2018; 55: 1041-1046
- Affordable Care Act payment model saves more than $25 million in first performance year.(Available at:)https://www.cms.gov/Newsroom/MediaReleaseDatabase/Press-releases/2015-Press-releases-items/2015-06-18.html(Published 2015. Accessed April 18, 2018)
- AHRQ comparative effectiveness reviews.in: Home-Based Primary Care Interventions. Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (US), Rockville, MD2016
- Effects of intensive home visiting programs for older people with poor health status: a systematic review.BMC Health Serv Res. 2008; 8: 74
- An overview of home-based primary care: Learning from the field.(Available at:)Published June 2017. Accessed November 26, 2017)
- Opportunity knocks at home: How home-based primary care offers a win-win for U.S. Health Care.(Available at:)Published 2013. Accessed November 26, 2017)
- New old way of caring for homebound has arisen with growth of the home-based primary care practice.(Available at:)https://www.medicalnews.md/new-old-way-of-caring-for-homebound-has-arisen-with-growth-of-the-home-based-primary-care-practice/(Published September 2017. Accessed November 26, 2017)
- Home-based primary care practices in the United States: Current state and quality improvement approaches.J Am Geriatr Soc. 2015; 63: 963-969
- Geographic concentration of home-based medical care providers.Health Aff (Millwood). 2016; 35: 1404-1409
- A look at person- and family-centered care among older adults: Results from a national survey [corrected].J Gen Intern Med. 2015; 30: 1497-1504
- Capsule commentary on Wolff, et al., A look at person- and family-centered care among older adults: Results from a national survey.J Gen Intern Med. 2015; 30: 1536
- Homebound patient and caregiver perceptions of quality of care in home-based primary care: A qualitative study.J Am Geriatr Soc. 2016; 64: 1622-1627
- National Priorities Partnership and the National Quality Strategy.(Available at:)https://www.qualityforum.org/Setting_Priorities/NPP/Input_into_the_National_Quality_Strategy.aspxDate accessed: November 26, 2017
- NQF MCC Measurement Framework.(Available at:)Published May 2012. Accessed November 26, 2017)
- Template analysis.in: Symon G. Cassell C. Qualitative Methods and Analysis in Organizational Research: A Practical Guide. 1st ed. Sage Publications, London1998
- Qualitative Data Analysis: An Expanded Sourcebook.2nd ed. Sage Publications, Beverly Hills, CA1994
- The National Home-Based Primary Care & Palliative Care Registry.(Available at:)Accessed May 1, 2018)
The authors declare no conflicts of interest.
This work was supported by the Commonwealth Fund and the Retirement Research Foundation, national private foundations based in New York City and Chicago that support independent research on health care and make grants to improve health care practice and policy. The views presented here are those of the authors and not necessarily those of the Commonwealth Fund or the Retirement Research Foundation, their directors, officers, or staff.
This work was supported by the Commonwealth Fund, New York, NY (Grant 20150692) and the Retirement Research Foundation, Chicago, IL (Grant 2013-239).