To state the obvious: impactful research in post-acute and long-term care (PA/LTC) addresses topics important for practice, policy, and research now and in the future, using sound data and rigorous analytic methods.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of the American Medical Directors Association
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Impact factor: A valid measure of journal quality?.J Med Libr Assoc. 2003; 91: 42-46
- Comparative study of various research indices used to measure quality of research publications.Int J Appl Adv Sci Res. 2017; 2: 81-89
- Pneumococcal vaccination guidance for post-acute and long-term care settings: Recommendations from AMDA's Infection Advisory Committee.J Am Med Dir Assoc. 2017; 18: 99-104
- Research on frailty: Continued progress, continued challenges.J Am Med Dir Assoc. 2018; 19: 279-281
- Palliative care development in European care homes and nursing homes: Application of a typology of implementation.J Am Med Dir Assoc. 2017; 18: 550.e7-550.e14
- Urban-rural differences in skilled nursing facility rehospitalization rates.J Am Med Dir Assoc. 2018; ([published online ahead of print April 10, 2018])https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jamda.2018.03.001
- Preferred reporting items for systematic reviews and meta-analyses: The PRISMA statement.PLoS Med. 2009; 6: e1000097
- Increasing fluid intake and reducing dehydration risk in older people living in long-term care: A systematic review.J Am Med Dir Assoc. 2015; 16: 101-113
- Writing narrative literature reviews for peer-reviewed journals: Secrets of the trade.J Chiropr Med. 2006; 3: 101-117
- Sexual activity and aging.J Am Med Dir Assoc. 2013; 14: 565-572
- Clinical uncertainties in the approach to long term care residents with possible urinary tract infection.J Am Med Dir Assoc. 2014; 15: 133-139
- Development of an interdisciplinary team communication framework and quality metrics for home-based medical care practices.J Am Med Dir Assoc. 2016; 17: 725-729
- Identifying and supporting nonpharmacological dementia interventions ready for pragmatic trials: Results from an expert workshop.J Am Med Dir Assoc. 2018; 19: 560-562
- Development and testing of a decision aid on goals of care for advanced dementia.J Am Med Dir Assoc. 2014; 15: 251-255
- A randomized controlled study comparing a DPP4 inhibitor (linagliptin) and Basal Insulin (glargine) in patients with type 2 diabetes in long-term care and skilled nursing facilities: linagliptin-LTC Trial.J Am Med Dir Assoc. 2018; 19: 399-404.e3
- Reenvisioning clinical science: Unifying the discipline to improve the public health.Clin Psychol Sci. 2014; 2: 22-34
- Investigating the challenges and opportunities in home care to facilitate effective information technology adoption.J Am Med Dir Assoc. 2015; 17: 53-58
- The cost-effectiveness of using Paro, a therapeutic robotic seal, to reduce agitation and medication use in dementia: Findings from a cluster-randomized controlled trial.J Am Med Dir Assoc. 2018; 19: 619-622.e1
- A pragmatic innovation: Documented, systematic and individualized communication with the attending physician for fall risk reduction/injury mitigation care planning.J Am Med Dir Assoc. 2018;
- The role of physicians practicing in assisted living: Time for change.J Am Med Dir Assoc. 2018; 19: 102-103
- The role of physicians practicing in assisted living: What changes do we really need?.J Am Med Dir Assoc. 2018; 19: 104-105
Published online: July 02, 2018
The authors declare no conflicts of interest.
© 2018 AMDA - The Society for Post-Acute and Long-Term Care Medicine.