- Jenq G.Y.
- Tinetti M.E.
- Torke A.M.
- Sachs G.A.
- Helft P.R.
- et al.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of the American Medical Directors Association
- Post-acute care: Who belongs where?.JAMA Intern Med. 2015; 175: 296-297
- Scope and outcomes of surrogate decision making among hospitalized older adults.JAMA Intern Med. 2014; 174: 370-377
- Nursing home placement: An exploration of the experiences of family carers.J Adv Nurs. 2000; 32: 1187-1195
- Timing of do-not-resuscitate orders for hospitalized older adults who require a surrogate decision-maker.J Am Geriatr Soc. 2011; 59: 1326-1331
- How surrogates decide: A secondary data analysis of decision-making principles used by the surrogates of hospitalized older adults.J Gen Intern Med. 2017; 32: 1285-1293
- How hospital clinicians select patients for skilled nursing facilities.J Am Geriatr Soc. 2017; 65: 2466-2472
- Factors influencing physical therapy discharge planning in the acute care setting.Acute Care Perspect. 2009; : 19-22
- Physical therapists make accurate and appropriate discharge recommendations for patients who are acutely ill.Phys Ther. 2010; 90: 693-703
- Prevalence and factors of intensive care unit conflicts: The 86 conflicus study.Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2009; 180: 853-860
- “It's not just what the doctor tells me”: Factors that influence surrogate decision-makers' perceptions of prognosis.Crit Care Med. 2010; 38: 1270-1275
This study was submitted and accepted for poster presentation to the 2018 American Geriatrics Society meeting.
This study was funded by the Research in Palliative and End-of Life Communication and Training (RESPECT) Center, Indiana University–Purdue University Indianapolis and the National Institute on Aging (R01 AG044408). The authors retained full control of the data and decision to publish the findings.
Dr. Torke reports grants from National Institute on Aging, grants from Research in Palliative and End-of Life Communication and Training (RESPECT) Center, Indiana University Purdue University Indianapolis, during the conduct of the study, and is a member of the American Geriatrics Society Ethics Committee. Otherwise the authors of this manuscript have nothing else to disclose.