We appreciate the interest in our article
1and the opportunity to discuss the issues raised.
- Chong E.
- Chan M.
- Lim W.S.
- et al.
Frailty predicts incident urinary incontinence among hospitalized older adults— 1-year prospective cohort study.
J Am Med Dir Assoc. 2018; 19: 422-427
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of the American Medical Directors Association
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Frailty predicts incident urinary incontinence among hospitalized older adults— 1-year prospective cohort study.J Am Med Dir Assoc. 2018; 19: 422-427
- Observational cohort study on correlates of mortality in older community-dwelling outpatients: The value of functional assessment.Geriatr Gerontol Int. 2015; 15: 1219-1226
- Physical function and self-rated health status as predictors of mortality: Results from longitudinal analysis in the ilSIRENTE study.BMC Geriatr. 2008; 8: 34
- Functional decline and mortality in long-term care settings: Static and dynamic approach.J Clin Gerontol Geriatr. 2014; 5: 13-17
- Prevalence of frailty and associated factors in the community-dwelling population of China.J Am Geriatr Soc. 2018; 66: 559-564
- Urinary incontinence in older community-dwelling women: The role of cognitive and physical function decline.Obstet Gynecol. 2007; 109: 909-916
- Mobility impairment is associated with urge but not stress urinary incontinence in community dwelling older women: Results from the Ossebo study.BJOG. 2013; 120: 1566-1574
- Urinary incontinence and its association with functional physical and cognitive health among female nursing home residents in Switzerland.BMC Geriatr. 2017; 17: 17
- Resource consumption in hospitalised, frail older patients.Ann Acad Med Singapore. 2010; 39: 830e836
- Incontinence.Comprehensive Clin Psychol. 1998; 7: 433-454
- Managing urinary incontinence at the end of life: An examination of the evidence that informs practice.Int J Palliat Nurs. 2013; 19: 449-456
- Impact of frailty and residual subsyndromal delirium on 1-year functional recovery: A prospective cohort study.Geriatr Gerontol Int. 2017; 17: 2472-2478
- Frailty in hospitalized older adults: Comparing different frailty measures in predicting short- and long-term patient outcomes.J Am Med Dir Assoc. 2018; 19: 450-457
- Excess mortality or institutionalization after hip fracture: Men are at greater risk than women.J Am Geriatr Soc. 2002; 50: 685-690
- Statistical methods for analysing Barthel scores in trials of poststroke interventions: A review and computer simulations.Clin Rehabil. 2006; 20: 347-356
- A cluster randomised controlled trial of an occupational therapy intervention for residents with stroke living in UK care homes (OTCH): Study protocol.BMC Neurol. 2012; 12: 52
Published online: August 22, 2018
© 2018 AMDA - The Society for Post-Acute and Long-Term Care Medicine.