Setting and participants
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of the American Medical Directors Association
- Identification and evaluation of existing nursing homes quality indicators.Health Care Financing Rev. 2002; 23: 19
- Nursing sensitive quality indicators for nursing home care: International review of literature, policy and practice.International J Nurs Stud. 2009; 46: 848-857
- Adjustment of nursing home quality indicators.BMC Health Serv Res. 2010; 10: 96
- Using interRAI assessment systems to measure and maintain quality of long-term care. A good life in old age. Paris, France: Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development.2013: 93-139
- Assessment of nursing home residents in Europe: The Services and Health for Elderly in Long TERm care (SHELTER) study.BMC Health Serv Res. 2012; 12: 5
- Quality of mental health care for nursing home residents: A literature review.Med Care Res Rev. 2010; 67: 627-656
Strain LA, Maxwell CJ, Wanless D, Gilbart E. Designated assisted living (DAL) and long-term care (LTC) in Alberta: selected highlights from the Alberta Continuing Care Epidemiological Studies (ACCES). Edmonton, AB: ACCES Research Group, University of Alberta: 2011.
- Beyond section Q: Prioritizing nursing home residents for transition to the community.BMC Health Serv Res. 2012; 12: 186
- Introduction to the analysis of survival data in the presence of competing risks.Circulation. 2016; 133: 601
- Use of the interRAI CHESS scale to predict mortality among persons with neurological conditions in three care settings.PloS One. 2014; 9: e99066
- Predicting adverse health outcomes in nursing homes: A 9-year longitudinal study and development of the FRAIL-Minimum Data Set (MDS) quick screening tool.J Am Med Dir Assoc. 2015; 16: 1042-1047
- Interventions to support people with dementia and their caregivers during the transition from home care to nursing home care: A systematic review.Int J Nurs Stud. 2017; 71: 139-152
- The MDS-CHESS scale: A new measure to predict mortality in institutionalized older people.J Am Geriatr Soc. 2003; 51: 96-100
- Beyond the ‘iron lungs of gerontology’: Using evidence to shape the future of nursing homes in Canada.Canadian J Aging/La Revue canadienne du vieillissement. 2011; 30: 371-390
- Comprehensive geriatric assessment: the specific assessment technology of InterRAI.Oxford Textbook of Geriatric Medicine, 2017
- Using powerful data from the interRAI MDS to support care and a learning health system: A case study from long-term care.Healthc Manage Forum. 2018; 31: 153-159
- Targeting and quality of nursing home care. A five-nation study.Aging Clin Exp Res. 1999; 11: 83-89
- Rehabilitation in home care is associated with functional improvement and preferred discharge.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2013; 94: 1038-1047
- Multistate models for the analysis of life history data. CRC monographs on statistics and applied probability.Chapman and Hall, Abingdon2018
- Scaling ADLs within the MDS.J Gerontol Ser A. 1999; 54: M546-M553
- MDS cognitive performance scale.J Gerontol. 1994; 49: M174-M182
This study was funded by a Strategic Impact Grant from the Canadian Frailty Network (SIG2014F-31).
George Heckman is supported by the Schlegel Chair in Geriatric Medicine. Andrew Costa is supported by the Schlegel Chair in Clinical Epidemiology and Aging.
The authors declare no conflicts of interest.