Setting and Participants
Conclusions and Implications
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of the American Medical Directors Association
- Frailty in the clinical scenario.Lancet. 2015; 385: e7-e9
- New IDF guideline for managing type 2 diabetes in older people.Diabetes Res Clin Pract. 2014; 103: 538-540
- The frailty syndrome in the public health agenda.J Epidemiol Community Health. 2014; 68: 703-704
- Agreement between 35 published frailty scores in the general population.Am J Epidemiol. 2017; 186: 420-434
- A new operational definition of frailty: The Frailty Trait Scale.J Am Med Dir Assoc. 2014; 15 (371.e7-371.e13)
- Frailty as a major factor in the increased risk of death and disability in older people with diabetes.J Am Med Dir Assoc. 2016; 17: 949-955
- Global performance of executive function is predictor of risk of frailty and disability in older adults.J Nutr Health Aging. 2017; 21: 980-987
- Cognitive performance across 3 frailty phenotypes: Toledo Study for Healthy Aging.J Appl Physiol (1985). 2017; 18: 785-790
- Frailty is associated with objectively assessed sedentary behaviour patterns in older adults: Evidence from the Toledo Study for Healthy Aging (TSHA).PLoS One. 2017; 12: e0183911
- Reallocating accelerometer-assessed sedentary time to light or moderate- to vigorous-intensity physical activity reduces frailty levels in older adults: An isotemporal substitution approach in the TSHA study.J Am Med Dir Assoc. 2018; 19: 185.e1-185.e6
- The prevalence of frailty syndrome in an older population from Spain. The Toledo Study for Healthy Aging.J Nutr Health Aging. 2011; 15: 852-856
- Frailty in older adults: Evidence for a phenotype.J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci. 2001; 56: M146-M156
- A standard procedure for creating a frailty index.BMC Geriatr. 2008; 8: 24
- Can comorbidity be measured by questionnaire rather than medical record review?.Med Care. 1996; 34: 73-84
- A new method of classifying prognostic comorbidity in longitudinal studies: Development and validation.J Chronic Dis. 1987; 40: 373-383
- R: A Language and Environment for Statistical Computing.R Foundation for Statistical Computing, Vienna, Austria2014
- Frailty in older adults: A nationally representative profile in the United States.J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci. 2015; 70: 1427-1434
- Cross-national differences in grip strength among 50+ year-old Europeans: Results from the SHARE study.Eur J Ageing. 2009; 6: 227-236
- Prevalence of frailty and prefrailty among community-dwelling older adults in low-income and middle-income countries: A systematic review and meta-analysis.BMJ Open. 2018; 8: e018195
- The standardization of frailty phenotype criteria improves its predictive ability: The Toledo Study for Healthy Aging.J Am Med Dir Assoc. 2017; 18: 402-408
- Global variation in grip strength: A systematic review and meta-analysis of normative data.Age Ageing. 2016; 45: 209-216
- Strong or weak handgrip? Normative reference values for the German population across the life course stratified by sex, age, and body height.PLoS One. 2016; 11: e0163917
The authors were supported by grants PI15/01305, CB16/10/00456 and CB16/10/00464 from the Instituto de Salud Carlos III (FEDER funds, Ministerio de Ciencia e Innovación, Spain), RD12/0043 from the Instituto de Salud Carlos III (Ministerio de Economía y Competitividad, Spain), PI2010/020 from FISCAM (Junta de Comunidades de Castilla La Mancha, Spain), FP7-305483-2 (“Frailomic Iniciative”) from FP7-Health-2012-Innovation (European Union).
The authors declare no conflicts of interest.