Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of the American Medical Directors Association
- Survival and functional outcomes after hip fracture among nursing home residents.JAMA Intern Med. 2014; 174: 1273-1280
- The current economic burden of illness of osteoporosis in Canada.Osteoporos Int. 2016; 27: 3023-3032
- Construction of a FRAX(R) model for the assessment of fracture probability in Canada and implications for treatment.Osteoporos Int. 2011; 22: 817-827
- The care gap in diagnosis and treatment of women with a fragility fracture.Osteoporos Int. 2008; 19: 79-86
- The osteoporosis care gap in Canada.BMC Musculoskelet Disord. 2004; 5: 11
- Osteoporosis management in older patients who experienced a fracture.Clin Interv Aging. 2016; 11: 1111-1116
- Osteoporosis guideline implementation in family medicine using electronic medical records.Can Fam Physician. 2016; 62: e326-e333
- Use of a clinical decision support system to increase osteoporosis screening.J Eval Clin Pract. 2012; 18: 89-92
- 2010 Clinical practice guidelines for the diagnosis and management of osteoporosis in Canada: summary.CMAJ. 2010; 182: 1864-1873
- Osteoporosis and falls assessment custom form.(Available at:)https://www.osteostrategy.on.ca/osteoporosis-assessment-form-3–2/Date accessed: April 6, 2020
- Tools and resources.(Available at:)https://www.ontariofamilyphysicians.ca/tools-resourcesDate accessed: May 25, 2020
- A tutorial on pilot studies: The what, why and how.BMC Med Res Methodol. 2010; 10: 1
- Identifying and addressing barriers to osteoporosis treatment associated with improved outcomes: An observational cohort study.J Rheumatol. 2018; 45: 1594-1601
- Osteoporosis medication use after hip fracture in U.S. patients between 2002 and 2011.J Bone Miner Res. 2014; 29: 1929-1937
- Barriers to effective postmenopausal osteoporosis treatment: A qualitative study of patients' and practitioners' views.PLoS One. 2016; 11: e0158365
- Testing the implementation of an electronic process-of-care checklist for use during morning medical rounds in a tertiary intensive care unit: A procpective before-after study.Ann Intensive Care. 2015; 5: 20
- Feedback on patient progress and clinical support tools for therapists: Improved outcome for patients at risk of treatment failure in psychosomatic in-patient therapy under the conditions of routine practice.J Psychosom Res. 2013; 75: 255-261
- Clinical decision support tools for osteoporosis disease management: A systematic review of randomized controlled trials.J Gen Intern Med. 2008; 23: 2095-2105
- Successful knowledge translation intervention in long-term care: Final results from the vitamin D and osteoporosis study (ViDOS) pilot cluster randomized controlled trial.Trials. 2015; 16: 214
- Electronic medical record reminder improves osteoporosis management after a fracture: A randomized, controlled trial.J Am Geriatr Soc. 2006; 54: 450-457
- The effectiveness of computerized clinical guidelines in the process of care: A systematic review.BMC Health Serv Res. 2010; 10: 2
- Can computerized clinical decision support systems improve practitioners' diagnostic test ordering behavior? A decision-maker-researcher partnership systematic review.Implement Sci. 2011; 6: 88
Dr. Alexandra Papaionnou has been on the Amgen Advisory Board and has received research support and honoraria from Amgen. Dr. Jonathan Adachi has received research support and honoraria from Amgen and Radius. The remaining authors report no conflicts of interest.
This work was supported by a Couchiching Family Health Team Bright Lights Award to Clare Tazzeo. Development of the Osteoporosis and Falls Assessment Form was developed with funding from Osteoporosis Canada.