Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of the American Medical Directors Association
- Retooling for an Aging America: Building the Health Care Workforce.The National Academies Press, Washington DC2008
- Across the states: profiles of long-term services and supports.9th ed. AARP Public Policy Institute, Washington, DC2012
- Whom do we serve? Describing the target population for post-acute and long-term care, focusing on nursing facility settings, in the era of population health in the United States.J Am Med Dir Assoc. 2016; 17: 574-580
- Changes in characteristics, needs, and payment for elderly nursing home residents: 1999-2004. Washington, DC: Kaiser Family Foundation, 2007.(Available at:)www.kff.org/medicaid/upload/7663.pdfDate accessed: February 21, 2020
- Thirty-year trends in nursing home composition and quality since the passage of the omnibus reconciliation act.J Am Med Dir Assoc. 2020; 21: 233-239
- Nursing home physician specialists: A response to the workforce crisis in long-term care.Ann Intern Med. 2009; 150: 411-413
- PALTC, the specialty that dare not speak its name.Caring Ages. 2019; 20: 2
- Standards for educational and psychological testing.American Educational Research Association, Washington, DC2014
- ISO/IEC 17024:2012 Conformity Assessment standards – General requirements for bodies operating certification of persons. ISO/IEC, Geneva, Switzerland2012
- Long-term care services in the United States: 2013 overview. National Center for Health Statistics.Vital Health Stat. 2013; 3
- Committee on Improving Quality in Long-Term Care.in: Wunderlich G.S. Kohler P.O. Improving the Quality of Long-Term Care. National Academies Press, Washington, DC2001
CMS.gov state operations manual. Appendix PP - Guidance to surveyors for long term care facilities. Rev. 107, 04-04-14.
- Examining the rationale and processes behind the development of AMDA’s competencies for post-acute and long-term care.Ann Long-Term Care. 2014; 22: 36-39
- GAPNA Consensus Statement on Proficiencies for the APRN Gerontological Specialist.Gerontological Advanced Practice Nurses Association, Pitman NJ2015
- Office of Inspector General. Adverse events in skilled nursing facilities: National incidence among Medicare beneficiaries OEI-06-11-00370.Department of Health and Human Service Office of Inspector General, Washington, DC2013
- The Core Curriculum on Medical Direction in Long-Term Care. 2014, June 30.(Available at:)https://apex.paltc.org/page/core-curriculum-on-medical-directionDate accessed: June 17, 2020
- The Maryland regulations: Rethinking physician and medical director accountability in nursing homes.J Am Med Dir Assoc. 2002; 3: 79-94
- Tool kit for managing attending physicians in post-acute and long-term care.AMDA, Columbia, MD2012
- Synopsis of Federal Regulations in the Nursing Facility: Implications for Attending Physicians and Medical Directors.AMDA, Columbia, MD2013
- The roles and responsibilities of the nursing home medical director.J Am Med Dir Assoc. 2005; 6: 410
- Roles and responsibilities of attending physicians in skilled nursing facilities.J Am Med Dir Assoc. 2003; 4: 231-243
- Determining the content of credentialing examinations.in: Downing S.M. Haladyna T.M. Handbook of test development. Erlbaum, Mahwah, NJ2006: 181-223
- Medicine in the 21st century: recommended essential geriatrics competencies for internal medicine and family medicine residents.J Grad Med Educ. 2010; 2: 373-383
- Physician perspectives on medical care delivery in assisted living.J Am Geriatr Soc. 2011; 59: 2326-2331
- Profile of physicians in the nursing home: Time perception and barriers to optimal medical practice.J Am Med Dir Assoc. 2009; 10: 93-97
- Association between proportion of provider clinical effort in nursing homes and potentially avoidable hospitalizations and medical costs of nursing home residents.J Am Geriatr Soc. 2013; 61: 1750-1757
- Standard Analytical Files (Medicare Claims) – LDS.(Available at:)https://www.cms.gov/Research-Statistics-Data-and-Systems/Files-for-Order/LimitedDataSets/StandardAnalyticalFilesDate accessed: May 21, 2020
- Preparedness for clinical practice: reports of graduating residents at academic health centers.JAMA. 2001; 286: 1027-1034
- Long-term care in North Carolina.N C Med J. 2014; 75: 320-325
This study was funded by the American Board of Post-Acute and Long-Term Care Medicine (ABPLM).
The authors declare no conflicts of interest.