Setting and Participants
Conclusions and Implications
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of the American Medical Directors Association
- Discharge to a skilled nursing facility and subsequent clinical outcomes among older patients hospitalized for heart failure.Circ Heart Fail. 2011; 4: 293-300
- The revolving door of rehospitalization from skilled nursing facilities.Health Aff (Millwood). 2010; 29: 57-64
- Restarting the cycle: Incidence and predictors of first acute care use after nursing home discharge.J Am Geriatr Soc. 2014; 62: 79-85
- Risk of readmission after discharge from skilled nursing facilities following heart failure hospitalization: A retrospective cohort study.J Am Med Dir Assoc. 2019; 20: 432-437
- A randomized controlled trial of heart failure disease management vs usual care in skilled nursing facilities.J Am Med Dir Assoc. 2022; 23: 359-366
- The Skilled Nursing Facility Value-Based Purchasing Program (SNFVBP).2017 (Available at:)https://www.cms.gov/Medicare/Quality-Initiatives-Patient-Assessment-Instruments/Value-Based-Programs/SNF-VBP/SNF-VBP-PageDate accessed: September 22, 2020
- Hospital readmission penalties: Coming soon to a nursing home near you!.J Am Geriatr Soc. 2016; 64: 614-618
- A randomized trial of heart failure disease management in skilled nursing facilities: Design and rationale.J Am Med Dir Assoc. 2013; 14: 710.e5
- Identifying patient readmissions: Are our data sources misleading?.J Am Med Dir Assoc. 2019; 20: 1042-1044
- Development and evaluation of the Kansas City Cardiomyopathy Questionnaire: A new health status measure for heart failure.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2000; 35: 1245-1255
- Health status identifies heart failure outpatients at risk for hospitalization or death.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2006; 47: 752-756
- An update on the self-care of heart failure index.J Cardiovasc Nurs. 2009; 24: 485-497
- Transitional care interventions to prevent readmissions for persons with heart failure: A systematic review and meta-analysis.Ann Intern Med. 2014; 160: 774-784
- Hospital Compare.(Available at:)https://www.medicare.gov/hospitalcompare/Data/Data-Updated.html#Date: 2017Date accessed: September 12, 2018
- Association of the Hospital Readmissions Reduction Program implementation with readmission and mortality outcomes in heart failure.JAMA Cardiol. 2018; 3: 44-53
- Adherence to heart failure quality-of-care indicators in US hospitals: Analysis of the ADHERE Registry.Arch Intern Med. 2005; 165: 1469-1477
- Measuring and improving the quality of heart failure care globally.JAMA Netw Open. 2020; 3: e1918642
- Rehabilitation for hospital-associated deconditioning.Am J Phys Med Rehabil. 2009; 88: 66-77
- Post-acute care services received by older adults following a cardiac event: A population-based analysis.J Cardiovasc Nurs. 2010; 25: 342-349
- Multimorbidity in heart failure: Effect on outcomes.J Am Geriatr Soc. 2016; 64: 1469-1474
- Post-hospital syndrome—an acquired, transient condition of generalized risk.N Engl J Med. 2013; 368: 100-102
This project is made possible through grant from the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute, National Institutes of Health, NIH 5R01HL113387-02. H.W. is supported through K23HL145110. The National Institutes of Health had no role in design and conduct of the study; collection, management, analysis, or interpretation of the data; or preparation, review, or approval of the manuscript.
The authors declare no conflicts of interest.
ScienceDirectAccess this article on ScienceDirect
Host: Dr. Karl Steinberg. Featuring: Dr. Philip Sloane, Dr. Mallory Brown. Recorded: March 23, 2022.