2021 Alzheimer's disease facts and figures.
- Coe N.B.
- Boyd C.M.
- Chodosh J.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of the American Medical Directors Association
- 2021 Alzheimer's disease facts and figures.Alzheimers Dement. 2021; 17: 327-406
- Chronic care, dementia care management, and financial considerations.J Am Med Dir Assoc. 2021; 22: 1371-1376
- Alzheimer's disease and related dementias research update: Advisory Council on Alzheimer's Research, Care, and Services Meeting. National Institute on Aging.(Available at:)https://aspe.hhs.gov/sites/default/files/private/aspe-files/265461/mtg40-slides10.pdfDate: 2021Date accessed: August 18, 2021
- Reenvisioning clinical science: Unifying the discipline to improve the public health.Clin Psychol Sci. 2014; 2: 22-34
- Research summit on dementia care: Overview and recommendations. Advisory Council on Alzheimer's Research, Care, and Services.(Available at:)https://aspe.hhs.gov/advisory-council-october-2017-meeting-presentation-care-summit-overview-and-recommendationsDate: 2017Date accessed: January 12, 2018
- National Research Summit on Care, Services, and Supports for Persons with Dementia and Their Caregivers: Summit Virtual Meeting Series—Summary Report. Bethesda, MD: National Institute on Aging/National Institutes of Health.(Available at:)https://www.nia.nih.gov/sites/default/files/2021-01/DementiaCareSummitReport.pdfDate: 2020Date accessed: August 18, 2021
- Reducing the Impact of Dementia in America: A Decadal Survey of the Behavioral and Social Sciences.The National Academies Press, Washington, DC2021
- Care Interventions for People Living With Dementia and Their Caregivers.Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, Rockville, MD2020
- Consistency of dementia caregiver intervention classification: An evidence-based synthesis.Int Psychogeriatr. 2017; 29: 19-30
- Implementing and sustaining family care programs in real world settings: barriers and facilitators.in: Gaugler J.E. Bridging the Family Care Gap. Academic Press, Washington, DC2021: 179-220
- Diffusion theory and knowledge dissemination, utilization, and integration in public health.Annu Rev Public Health. 2009; 30: 151-174
- Dissemination and implementation of evidence-based dementia care using embedded pragmatic trials.J Am Geriatr Soc. 2020; 68: S28-S36
- Caregivers as therapeutic agents in dementia care: The evidence-base for interventions supporting their role.in: Gaugler J.E. Kane R.L. Family Caregiving in the New Normal. Elsevier, Philadelphia, PA2015: 305-356
- Translating evidence-based dementia caregiving interventions into practice: State-of-the-science and next steps.Gerontologist. 2015; 55: 210-226
- Online education and cognitive behavior therapy improve dementia caregivers' mental health: A randomized trial.J Am Med Dir Assoc. 2021; 22: 1403-1409.e1401
- Music compared with auditory books: A randomized controlled study among long-term care residents with Alzheimer's disease or related dementia.J Am Med Dir Assoc. 2021; 22: 1415-1420
- A cluster randomized controlled trial testing the impact of function and behavior focused care for nursing home residents with dementia.J Am Med Dir Assoc. 2021; 22: 1421-1428.e1424
- The efficacy and safety of tube feeding in advanced dementia patients: A systemic review and meta-analysis study.J Am Med Dir Assoc. 2021; 22: 357-363
- Questions about the results described in the article "The efficacy and safety of tube feeding in advanced dementia patients: A systemic review and meta-analysis study.".J Am Med Dir Assoc. 2021; 22: 1561
- Response letter regarding "questions about the results described in the article: 'the efficacy and safety of tube feeding in advanced dementia patients: A systemic review and meta-analysis study.'".J Am Med Dir Assoc. 2021; 22: 1561-1562
- Making pragmatic trials pragmatic in post-acute and long-term care settings.J Am Med Dir Assoc. 2019; 20: 107-109
- Implementation outcomes: Their role in treatment success. NIA IMPACT Collaboratory Grand Rounds, 2020.(Available at:)https://dcricollab.dcri.duke.edu/sites/impact/Knowledge%20Repository/2020-11-19-GR-Slides-IMPACT.pdfDate accessed: August 18, 2021
- The FRAME: An expanded framework for reporting adaptations and modifications to evidence-based interventions.Implement Sci. 2019; 14: 58
- Adaptation in dissemination and implementation science.in: Brownson R.C. Colditz G.A. Proctor E.K. Dissemination and Implementation Research in Health: Translating Science to Practice. Oxford University Press, Oxford2017: 286-300
- Meeting the Challenge of Caring for Persons Living with Dementia and Their Care Partners and Caregivers: A Way Forward.The National Academies Press, Washington, DC2021
- Participatory approaches for study design and analysis in dissemination and implementation research.in: Brownson R.C. Colditz G.A. Proctor E.K. Dissemination and Implementation Research in Health: Translating Science to Practice. Oxford University Press, Oxford2017: 175-191
- Optimization of Behavioral, Biobehavioral, and Biomedical Interventions: The Multiphase Optimization Strategy (MOST).Springer, New York2018
- Effectiveness-implementation hybrid designs: Combining elements of clinical effectiveness and implementation research to enhance public health impact.Med Care. 2012; 50: 217-226
- Gitlin L.N. Czaja S.J. Behavioral Intervention Research: Designing, Evaluating, and Implementing. Springer, New York2016
This work was supported by the National Institute on Aging (NIA) of the National Institutes of Health under Award U54AG063546 [which funds the NIA Imbedded Pragmatic Alzheimer's Disease (AD) and AD-Related Dementias Clinical Trials (IMPACT) Collaboratory]. The content is solely the responsibility of the author and does not necessarily represent the official views of the National Institutes of Health.
The authors declare no conflicts of interest.