Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of the American Medical Directors Association
- Life expectancy of recently diagnosed asymptomatic HIV–infected patients approaches that of uninfected individuals.AIDS. 2010; 24: 1527
- Nursing home residents by human immunodeficiency virus status: Characteristics, dementia diagnoses, and antipsychotic use.J Am Geriatr Soc. 2019; 67: 1353-1360
- Antiretroviral therapy and the prevalence of osteopenia and osteoporosis: A meta-analytic review.AIDS. 2006; 20: 2165-2174
- Reduced bone mineral density in human immunodeficiency virus-infected individuals: A meta-analysis of its prevalence and risk factors.Osteoporos Int. 2018; 29: 595-613
- The quality of nursing homes that serve patients with human immunodeficiency virus.J Am Geriatr Soc. 2019; 67: 2615-2621
- Scaling ADLs within the MDS.J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci. 1999; 54: M546-M553
- Validation of the Minimum Data Set cognitive Performance Scale: Agreement with the Mini-Mental state Examination.J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci. 1995; 50: M128-M133
- Facility and state variation in hip fracture in U.S. nursing home residents.J Am Geriatr Soc. 2018; 66: 539-545
- Bone fracture among people living with HIV: A systematic review and meta-regression of prevalence, incidence, and risk factors.PLoS One. 2020; 15: e0233501
- Prevalence of and risk factors for low bone mineral density assessed by quantitative computed tomography in people living with HIV and uninfected controls.J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr. 2020; 83: 165-172
Funding sources: This work was supported by a National Institute on Aging award (RF1 AG061221) and the National Institute of Mental Health (1R01MH102202). I.B.W. is partially supported by the Providence/Boston Center for AIDS Research (P30AI042853) and by Institutional Development Award Number U54GM115677 from the National Institute of General Medical Sciences of the National Institutes of Health, which funds Advance Clinical and Translational Research (Advance-CTR) from the Rhode Island IDeA-CTR award (U54GM115677).
D.P.K. serves as the member of a scientific advisory board for Pfizer and Solarea Bio and receives grant support through his institution from Amgen and Radius Health. He also receives royalties for publication from Wolters Kluwer for publications in UpToDate. The remaining authors declare no conflicts of interest.