Setting and Participants
Conclusions and Implications
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of the American Medical Directors Association
- Prevalence of dementia subtypes in United States Medicare fee-for-service beneficiaries, 2011–2013.Alzheimers Dement. 2017; 13: 28-37
- Post-acute care--the next frontier for controlling Medicare spending.N Engl J Med. 2014; 370: 692-694
- Transitions in care in a nationally representative sample of older Americans with dementia.J Am Geriatr Soc. 2015; 63: 1495-1502
- End-of-life transitions among nursing home residents with cognitive issues.N Engl J Med. 2011; 365: 1212-1221
- Skilled nursing facility admissions of nursing home residents with advanced dementia.J Am Geriatr Soc. 2013; 61: 1645-1650
- Churning: the association between health care transitions and feeding tube insertion for nursing home residents with advanced cognitive impairment.J Palliat Med. 2009; 12: 359-362
- Rehabbed to death.N Engl J Med. 2019; 380: 408-409
- Trends in post-acute care use among Medicare beneficiaries: 2000 to 2015.JAMA. 2018; 319: 1616-1617
- Post-acute care: current state and future directions.J Am Med Dir Assoc. 2019; 20: 392-395
- The changing landscape of post-acute and rehabilitative care.J Am Med Dir Assoc. 2019; 20: 389-391
- Less intense postacute care, better outcomes for enrollees in Medicare Advantage than those in fee-for-service.Health Aff Proj Hope. 2017; 36: 91-100
- Association of discharge to home vs institutional postacute care with outcomes after lower extremity joint replacement.JAMA Netw Open. 2020; 3: e2022382
- Health care spending and utilization in public and private Medicare.Am Econ J Appl Econ. 2019; 11: 302-332
- Postacute care outcomes in home health or skilled nursing facilities in patients with a diagnosis of dementia.Health Serv Res. 2021; ([Epub ahead of print])
- Outcomes of post-acute care in skilled nursing facilities in Medicare beneficiaries with and without a diagnosis of dementia.J Am Geriatr Soc. 2021; ([Epub ahead of print])
- Family caregiving for those with and without dementia in the last 10 years of life.JAMA Intern Med. 2021; 181: 278
- Does caregiving strain increase as patients with and without dementia approach the end of life?.J Pain Symptom Manage. 2019; 57: 199-208.e2
- The disproportionate impact of dementia on family and unpaid caregiving to older adults.Health Aff Proj Hope. 2015; 34: 1642-1649
This project was funded by the University of Pennsylvania Institute on Aging.
The authors have no conflicts of interest to declare.