Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of the American Medical Directors Association
- Caring for dying patients in the nursing home: Voices from frontline nursing home staff.J Pain Symptom Manage. 2017; 53: 198-207
- Nurse-physician communication concerning artificial nutrition or hydration (ANH) in patients with dementia: A qualitative study.J Clin Nurs. 2012; 21: 2975-2984
- Nurse-physician communication in the long-term care setting: Perceived barriers and impact on patient safety.J Patient Saf. 2009; 5: 145-152
- Patients' perspectives on interprofessional collaboration between health care professionals during hospitalization: A qualitative systematic review.JBI Evid Synth. 2020; 18: 1208-1270
- Physicians’ perceived barriers and proposed solutions for high-quality palliative care in dementia in the Netherlands: Qualitative analysis of survey data.J Nurs Home Res Sci. 2021; 7: 23-31
- Using the framework method for the analysis of qualitative data in multi-disciplinary health research.BMC Med Res Methodol. 2013; 13: 117
- Nurse-physician communication around identifying palliative care needs in nursing home residents. medRxiv 2021 Aug 28.(Available at:)Accessed October 26, 2021)
- Continuity of care: A multidisciplinary review.BMJ. 2003; 327: 1219-1221
- Communication between Dutch community nurses and general practitioners lacks structure: An explorative mixed methods study.Eur J Gen Pract. 2020; 26: 86-94
- Interprofessional communication in healthcare: An integrative review.Nurse Educ Pract. 2016; 19: 36-40
- Interventions to improve team effectiveness within health care: A systematic review of the past decade.Hum Resour Health. 2020; 18: 2
Jenny T. van der Steen and Esmée A. Jongen share equal first authorship.
This study was funded by the ZonMw, the Netherlands Organisation for Health Research and Development, project number 844001306 and the Department of Public Health and Primary Care of Leiden University Medical Center (LUMC), Leiden, the Netherlands. The sponsor of the study, LUMC, had no role in the design, methods, subject recruitment, data collections, analysis, and preparation of this letter.
The authors declare no conflicts of interest.