Setting and Participants
Conclusion and Implications
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of the American Medical Directors Association
- Walking speed: the functional vital sign.J Aging Phys Act. 2015; 23: 314-322
- Physical performance measures in the clinical setting.J Am Geriatr Soc. 2003; 51: 314-322
- Prognostic value of usual gait speed in well-functioning older people--results from the Health, Aging and Body Composition Study.J Am Geriatr Soc. 2005; 53: 1675-1680
- White paper: “walking speed: the sixth vital sign.”.J Geriatr Phys Ther. 2009; 32: 46-49
- Gait speed at usual pace as a predictor of adverse outcomes in community-dwelling older people an International Academy on Nutrition and Aging (IANA) Task Force.J Nutr Health Aging. 2009; 13: 881-889
- Gait speed and survival in older adults.JAMA. 2011; 305: 50-58
- Using temporal orientation, category fluency, and word recall for detecting cognitive impairment: the 10-point Cognitive Screener (10-CS).Int J Geriatr Psychiatry. 2016; 31: 4-12
- Questionário internacional de atividade física (IPAQ): Estudo de validade e reprodutibilidade no Brasil.Atividade Física Saúde. 2001; 6: 5-18
- Reference values for the five-repetition sit-to-stand test: a descriptive meta-analysis of data from elders.Percept Mot Skills. 2006; 103: 215-222
- Is the history of falls an indicative of greater decline in quadriceps muscle function and postural sway?.Topics Geriatr Rehabil. 2012; 28: 60-66
- The influence of aging on the spatial and temporal variables of gait during usual and fast speeds in older adults aged 60 to 102 years.Hum Mov Sci. 2019; 68: 102540
- Understanding diagnostic tests 3: receiver operating characteristic curves.Acta Paediatr. 2007; 96: 644-647
- Normative Values for the Short Physical Performance Battery (SPPB) and their association with anthropometric variables in older Colombian adults. The SABE Study, 2015.Front Med (Lausanne). 2020; 7: 52
- Association of age-related hearing impairment with physical functioning among community-dwelling older adults in the US.JAMA Netw Open. 2021; 4: e2113742
- Performance on five times sit-to-stand task as a predictor of subsequent falls and disability in older persons.J Aging Health. 2013; 25: 478-492
- Relationship between gait speed and physical function in patients with symptomatic peripheral artery disease.Clinics (Sao Paulo). 2019; 74: e1254
- Performance on sit-to-stand tests in relation to measures of functional fitness and sarcopenia diagnosis in community-dwelling older adults.Eur Rev Aging Phys Act. 2021; 18: 1
- The accuracy with which the 5 times sit-to-stand test, versus gait speed, can identify poor exercise tolerance in patients with COPD: a cross-sectional study.Medicine (Baltimore). 2016; 95: e4740
- Gait velocity as a single predictor of adverse events in healthy senior aged 75 years and older.J Gerontol Med Sci. 2005; 60: 1304-1309
The GAITrite system was purchased with a grant provided by Fundação de Amparo à Pesquisa do Estado de São Paulo (FAPESP 2012/01770-1).
The authors declare no conflicts of interest.