Setting and Participants
Conclusions and Implications
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of the American Medical Directors Association
- Public Law 113-185. Improving Medicare Post-Acute Care Transformation Act of 2014.https://www.govinfo.gov/content/pkg/PLAW-113publ185/pdf/PLAW-113publ185.pdfDate: 2014Date accessed: October 27, 2020
- IMPACT Act Standardized Patient Assessment Data Elements. Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services website.https://www.cms.gov/Medicare/Quality-Initiatives-Patient-Assessment-Instruments/Post-Acute-Care-Quality-Initiatives/IMPACT-Act-of-2014/-IMPACT-Act-Standardized-Patient-Assessment-Data-Elements.htmlDate: 2019Date accessed: June 4, 2019
- IMPACT Act of 2014 data standardization and cross setting measures. Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services website.https://www.cms.gov/Medicare/Quality-Initiatives-Patient-Assessment-Instruments/Post-Acute-Care-Quality-Initiatives/IMPACT-Act-of-2014/IMPACT-Act-of-2014-Data-Standardization-and-Cross-Setting-Measures.htmlDate accessed: June 4, 2019
- Coming to terms with the IMPACT Act of 2014.Am J Occup Ther. 2016; 70: 1-6
- Performance profiles of the functional independence measure.Am J Phys Med Rehabil. 1993; 72: 84-89
- Analyses to Inform the Use of Standardized Patient Assessment Data Elements in the Inpatient Rehabilitation Facility Prospective Payment System. Report Prepared for Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), Assistant Secretary for Planning and Evaluation (ASPE).https://www.hhs.gov/guidance/sites/default/files/hhs-guidance-documents/IRFPPSAnalysis2019RTI032219.pdfDate: 2019Date accessed: April 10, 2021
- Analysis of Crosscutting Medicare Functional Status Quality Metrics Using the Continuity and Assessment Record and Evaluation (CARE) Item Set. Prepared for Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, Division of Chronic and Post-Acute Care. November 2012 Report. RTI Project Number 0212050.022.000.001.https://aspe.hhs.gov/reports/analysis-crosscutting-medicare-functional-status-quality-metrics-using-continuity-assessment-record-0Date accessed: January 10, 2022
- Report to the Congress: Medicare Payment Policy. Chapter 9: payment issues in post-acute care.https://www.medpac.gov/wp-content/uploads/import_data/scrape_files/docs/default-source/reports/jun19_ch9_medpac_reporttocongress_sec.pdfDate accessed: June 10, 2021
- Medicare Program; Inpatient Rehabilitation Facility (IRF) Prospective Payment System for Federal Fiscal Year 2020 and Updates to the IRF Quality Reporting Program. Federal Register 42 CFR Part 412. Final Rules and Regulations.https://www.govinfo.gov/content/pkg/FR-2019-08-08/pdf/2019-16603.pdfDate: 2019Date accessed: April 10, 2021
- Uniform Data System for Medical Rehabilitation (UDSMR).(1999-2021 UDSMR‘ a division of UB Foundation Activities‘ Inc)http://udsmr.orgDate accessed: April 24, 2020
- Inpatient Rehabilitation Facility Patient Assessment Instrument (IRF-PAI) and IRF-PAI Manual.https://www.cms.gov/Medicare/Quality-Initiatives-Patient-Assessment-Instruments/IRF-Quality-Reporting/IRF-PAI-and-IRF-PAI-ManualDate: 2021Date accessed: August 13, 2021
- 2015 IRF-PAI Information. Updated Sections of the IRF-PAI Training Manual - Effective Oct 1, 2015. Section 3: Finalized the FIM Instrument.https://www.cms.gov/Medicare/Medicare-Fee-for-Service-Payment/InpatientRehabFacPPS/IRFPAIDate accessed: April 24, 2020
- Statistics corner: A guide to appropriate use of correlation coefficient in medical research.Malawi Med J. 2012; 24: 69-71
- A coefficient of agreement for nominal scales.Educ Psychol Meas. 1960; 20: 37-46
- Understanding Bland Altman analysis.Biochem Med (Zagreb). 2015; 25: 141-151
- Reporting standards for a Bland-Altman agreement analysis: a review of methodological reviews.Diagnostics (Basel). 2020; 10: 334
- Inpatient Rehabilitation Facility PPS. IRF-PAI. 2017 & 2018 IRF-PAI Information (ZIP) [Zip File].Accessed April 24, 2021)
- The structure and stability of the Functional Independence Measure.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 1994; 75: 127-132
- Reporting of method comparison studies: a review of advice, an assessment of current practice, and specific suggestions for future reports.Br J Anaesth. 2016; 117: 569-575
- Pitfalls of Using Administrative Data for Research.Dig Dis Sci. 2010; 55: 1506-1508
- Secondary analysis of existing data: opportunities and implementation.Shanghai Arch Psychiatry. 2014; 26: 371-375
This study was funded, in part, by the National Institutes of Health ( P2CHD065702 , K01HD101589 ).
All authors declare that they follow the International Committee of Medical Journal Editors (ICMJE) authorship guidelines and have no potential conflicts of interest with respect to publish this report.