Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of the American Medical Directors Association
- Ten clinical situations in long-term care for which antibiotics are often prescribed but rarely necessary.Ann Longterm Care. 2012; 20: 23-29
- Antibiotic stewardship in nursing facilities.Infect Dis Clin North Am. 2017; 31: 619-638
- Impact of an automated antibiotic time-out alert on the de-escalation of broad-spectrum antibiotics at a large community teaching hospital.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2019; 40: 1287-1289
- Cluster randomized trial of an antibiotic time-out led by a team-based pharmacist.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2020; 41: 1266-1271
- Impact of a prescriber-driven antibiotic time-out on antibiotic use in hospitalized patients.Clin Infect Dis. 2019; 68: 1581-1584
- Effect of antibiotic time-outs on modification of antibiotic prescriptions in nursing homes.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2020; 41: 635-640
- Exploring antibiotic utilization in assisted living: identifying opportunities for improvement.J Am Med Dir Assoc. 2021; 22: 1772-1773.e1
- Physician perspectives on medical care delivery in assisted living.J Am Geriatr Soc. 2011; 59: 2326-2331
- Challenges of antibiotic prescribing for assisted living residents: perspectives of providers, staff, residents, and family members.J Am Geriatr Soc. 2013; 61: 565-570
- The new antibiotic mantra-“shorter is better.”.JAMA Intern Med. 2016; 176: 1254-1255
The authors declare no conflicts of interest.
ScienceDirectAccess this article on ScienceDirect
Host: Dr. Karl Steinberg. Featuring Dr. Philip Sloane, Dr. Mallory Brown, special guest: Josh Niznik, PharmD. Recorded on May 25, 2022.