- Cesari M.
- Vellas B.
- Bauer J.M.
- Haase C.B.
- Brodersen J.B.
- Bülow J.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of the American Medical Directors Association
- Sarcopenia: a novel clinical condition or still a matter for research?.J Am Med Dir Assoc. 2012; 13: 766-767
- Muscle function and sarcopenia: clinical implications of recent research.J Am Med Dir Assoc. 2021; 22: 725-727
- Sarcopenia: early prevention or overdiagnosis?.BMJ. 2022; 376: e052592
- Sarcopenia: a time for action. An SCWD position paper.J Cachexia Sarcopenia Muscle. 2019; 10: 956-961
- The importance of muscle versus fat mass in sarcopenic obesity: a re-evaluation using D3-creatine muscle mass versus DXA lean mass measurements.J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci. 2020; 75: 1362-1368
- Malnutrition in relation to muscle mass, muscle quality, and muscle strength in hospitalized older adults.J Am Med Dir Assoc. 2022; 23: 714-720
- Estimation of muscle mass using creatinine/cystatin C ratio in Japanese community-dwelling older people.J Am Med Dir Assoc. 2022; 23: 895-902
- Update on the ESCEO recommendation for the conduct of clinical trials for drugs aiming at the treatment of sarcopenia in older adults.Aging Clin Exp Res. 2021; 33: 3-17
- Bimagrumab vs optimized standard of care for treatment of sarcopenia in community-dwelling older adults: a randomized clinical trial.JAMA Netw Open. 2020; 3: e2020836
- International Exercise Recommendations in Older Adults (ICFSR): expert consensus guidelines.J Nutr Health Aging. 2021; 25: 824-853
- Nutritional recommendations for the management of sarcopenia.J Am Med Dir Assoc. 2010; 11: 391-396
- Sarcopenia: origins and clinical relevance.J Nutr. 1997; 127: 990S-991S
- Sarcopenia is recognized as an independent condition by an International Classification of Disease, Tenth Revision, Clinical Modification (ICD-10-CM) code.J Am Med Dir Assoc. 2016; 17: 675-677
- Implications of ICD-10 for sarcopenia clinical practice and clinical trials: report by the International Conference on Frailty and Sarcopenia Research task force.J Frailty Aging. 2018; 7: 2-9
- Understanding sarcopenia as a geriatric syndrome.Curr Opin Clin Nutr Metab Care. 2010; 13: 1-7
- Sarcopenia in daily practice: assessment and management.BMC Geriatr. 2016; 16: 170
- Forcing the vicious circle: sarcopenia increases toxicity, decreases response to chemotherapy and worsens with chemotherapy.Ann Oncol. 2017; 28: 2107-2118
- Research on cachexia, sarcopenia and skeletal muscle in cardiology.J Cachexia Sarcopenia Muscle. 2012; 3: 219-223
- Effects of sarcopenia on ventilatory behavior and the multidimensional nature of dyspnea in patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.J Am Med Dir Assoc. 2021; 22: 827-833
- Shifting the focus of dementia prevention: ethical considerations.AJOB Neurosci. 2021; 12: 240-242
- Management of sarcopenia: a network meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials.J Am Med Dir Assoc. February 2022; : 0974
- Sunbeam program reduces rate of falls in long-term care residents with mild to moderate cognitive impairment or dementia: subgroup analysis of a cluster randomized controlled trial.J Am Med Dir Assoc. February 2022; : 1049
- Management of frailty: a systematic review and network meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials.J Am Med Dir Assoc. 2019; 20: 1190-1198
- NIA-AA research framework: toward a biological definition of Alzheimer's disease.Alzheimers Dement. 2018; 14: 535-562
- Overtreating Alzheimer's disease.J Prev Alzheimers Dis. 2021; 8: 234-236
- Effect of sarcopenia status on disability incidence among Japanese older adults.J Am Med Dir Assoc. 2021; 22: 846-852
- Sarcopenia is associated with incident disability, institutionalization, and mortality in community-dwelling older men: The Concord Health and Ageing in Men Project.J Am Med Dir Assoc. 2015; 16: 607-613
Conflicts of interest: MCe has received honoraria from Nestlé Health Sciences to serve as member of a Scientific Advisory Board and present at scientific meetings. EM has received consulting honoraria from Abbott, Nestlè, and Nutricia. RC has received consulting honoraria from Abbott and Nutricia. No conflicts of interest were reported by MCa.