Setting and Participants
Conclusions and Implications
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of the American Medical Directors Association
- Current and future demographics of the Veteran population, 2014–2024.Popul Rev. 2018; 57: 28-60
- VA Health Care: Veterans' use of long-term care is increasing, and VA faces challenges in meeting demand.https://www.gao.gov/products/GAO-20-284Date: 2020Date accessed: July 20, 2021
- VA Maintaining Internal Systems and Strengthening Integrated Outside Networks Act of 2018 or the VA MISSION Act of 2018.https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/senate-bill/2372Date: 2018Date accessed: February 2, 2021
- Community Care Network–draft performance work statement. GovTribe.com.https://govtribe.com/opportunity/federal-contract-opportunity/community-care-network-ccn-va79116r0086Date: 2016Date accessed: November 24, 2020
- Community Care Network.https://www.va.gov/COMMUNITYCARE/providers/Community_Care_Network.aspDate: 2021Date accessed: November 9, 2021
- Understanding VA's use of and relationships with community care providers under the MISSION Act.Med Care. 2021; 59: s252-s258
- Encouraging beneficiaries to use higher-quality post-acute care providers. Paper presented at: Medicare Payment Advisory Commission.http://medpac.gov/docs/default-source/default-document-library/discharge-planning-presentation.pdf?sfvrsn=0Date: 2017Date accessed: August 9, 2020
- Nursing home compare. Medicare.gov.https://www.medicare.gov/nursinghomecompare/search.htmlDate: 2020Date accessed: August 23, 2020
- VHA handbook 1143.2: VHA community nursing home oversight procedures.2004: 1-13
- Accountable Care Organizations are transforming the management of post-acute care through preferred SNF Networks.Med Care Res Rev. 2020; 77: 312-323
- Preferred provider relationships between Medicare Advantage plans and skilled nursing facilities reduce switching out of plans: An observational analysis.Inquiry. 2018; 55 (004695801879741)
- Hospital–skilled nursing facility collaboration: a mixed-methods approach to understanding the effect of linkage strategies.Health Serv Res. 2018; 53: 4808-4828
- Do skilled nursing facilities selected to participate in preferred provider networks have higher quality and lower costs?.Health Serv Res. 2018; 53: 4886-4905
- Strategy and risk sharing in hospital–postacute care integration.Health Care Manage Rev. 2020; 45: 73-82
- Medicare Advantage enrollees more likely to enter lower-quality nursing homes compared to fee-for-service enrollees.Health Aff (Millwood). 2018; 37: 78-85
- Reducing hospital readmissions through preferred networks of skilled nursing facilities.Health Aff (Millwood). 2017; 36: 1591-1598
- The emerging role of managed care in long-term services and supports.Public Policy Aging Rep. 2018; 28: 64-70
- Purchasing nursing home care within the Veterans Health Administration: lessons for nursing home recruitment, contracting, and oversight.J Health Adm Educ. 2015; 32: 165-197
- Geriatrics and extended care dashboard: Community Nursing Home Program.http://vhav11derwebdev.v11.med.va.gov/CNHDash/Default.aspxDate: 2018Date accessed: August 25, 2020
- Use of content analysis to conduct knowledge-building and theory-generating qualitative systematic reviews.Qual Res. 2014; 14: 341-352
- Qualitative content analysis: a focus on trustworthiness.SAGE Open. 2014; 4: 1-10
- The qualitative content analysis process.J Adv Nurs. 2008; 62: 107-115
- Executive order 13658: Establishing a minimum wage for contractors.Fed Regist. 2014; 79: 9851-9854
- Association of VA payment reform for dialysis with spending, access to care, and outcomes for Veterans with ESKD.Clin J Am Soc Nephrol. 2020; 15: 1631-1639
The research was supported by the United States Department of Veterans Affairs Health Services Research & Development grant ( IIR 17-231 ). The sponsor played no role in the design of this study, study methods, recruitment data collection, data analysis, or the preparation of this manuscript. The views expressed in this manuscript are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the views of the Department of Veterans Affairs or the United States government.
The authors declare no conflicts of interest.